News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I don't get what being pro-immigration has to do with Espionage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Does that mean your sister thinks it's ok to have Russia meddle in US elections? I guess if that's what needed to keep colored pipple out so be it?

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 17, 2018, 12:42:04 AM
Does that mean your sister thinks it's ok to have Russia meddle in US elections? I guess if that's what needed to keep colored pipple out so be it?

That's my read on it. I try not to discuss these things anymore, and I also don't post Snopes links under their hoaxes anymore.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2018, 12:43:36 AM

That's my read on it. I try not to discuss these things anymore, and I also don't post Snopes links under their hoaxes anymore.

Well we still appreciate you and your posts in this thread, wasn't the same without you.:hug:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

I do like how the rightards have now inflated the number of illegal voters to 20 million.  Soon, there will be more illegal voters than people in the US.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

This one is for Syt, Zanza and other Germanophones, to celebrate Trump's vision of Montenegrine aggression, but this dates from the NATO referendum in Montenegro in December 2015:

QuoteGegen NATO-Provokation gegenüber Russland! Hoffentlich sind die Montenegriner und ihre Entscheidungsträger weise genug, nicht für einen NATO-Beitritt zu stimmen! Wir haben schon Krieg im Nahen Osten - es reicht! KEIN KRIEG IN EUROPA! Am Ende ist es egal, wem man die Schuld zuschiebt, wer sich moralisch erhaben fühlt - sterben werden wieder Millionen von Menschen. Sind 60 Jahre Frieden genug? Ich sage NEIN! Und es ist in unserem ureigensten Interesse, sich für den Frieden einzusetzen, denn unser eigenes Leben und das unser Kinder ist bedroht - wo würden wir denn hin flüchten? Wenn wir überhaupt flüchten können, denn der nächste Krieg in Europa wird der dritte Weltkrieg sein, und diesmal wird es ein NUKLEARKRIEG sein. Wenden wir uns unseren russischen Schwestern und Brüdern wieder ohne Arroganz zu - Putin ist NICHT Hitler! Die NATO-Erweiterung muss gestoppt werden! FRIEDEN - PEACE - мир

I get the gist of it (no to NATO expansion) but I am sure German speakers will appreciate even more!
From a leftish (ex)-Green voter.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2018, 12:43:36 AM

One of the more interesting things I've noticed about the Trump Cult of Personality is that his followers don't appear to care if a statement is true or false.  If force to admit something is true you get something like "yeah will it triggered you libtards."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

We've reached this point where the DoJ is corrupt, the FBI is corrupt, the press is an enemy of the people, Russian meddling is false, or fine, or both, really, Trump is a good Christian inspired by Jesus, the entire government is run by the deep state that tries its utmost to prevent Trump from draining the swamp, he's an amazing negotiator, and Democrats are traitors, while Conservatives, who control all three branches of the American government, are the real victims here.

Also, there going to be a 12 million dollars military parade for the benefit of Trumps ego, and I am pretty sure that no one will oppose it, because of course, it would be unpatriotic.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Achieving one of his key summit aims, President Donald Trump gets a ball.

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 18, 2018, 09:26:34 PM
We've reached this point where the DoJ is corrupt, the FBI is corrupt, the press is an enemy of the people, Russian meddling is false, or fine, or both, really, Trump is a good Christian inspired by Jesus, the entire government is run by the deep state that tries its utmost to prevent Trump from draining the swamp, he's an amazing negotiator, and Democrats are traitors, while Conservatives, who control all three branches of the American government, are the real victims here.

Also, there going to be a 12 million dollars military parade for the benefit of Trumps ego, and I am pretty sure that no one will oppose it, because of course, it would be unpatriotic.

I don't get the 'draining of the swamp' thing. I mean, sure fighting political corruption is important but that requires institutional reforms. But...um...there is no plan for any such thing. It is like corruption will be fought through arbitrary pointing out of traitors rather than anything substantial.

Or not. I don't get that part. I really do not. I mean how exactly is the swamp being drained? How is it supposed to be drained? Is there any substance to any of this at all or is this just one big insane masturbation session.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2018, 12:21:46 AM
just one big insane masturbation session.

That's the entire Trump presidency right there.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

:lol:

He never did release those tax returns, did he.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?