News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

:P

But I think the thread title provides enough clarity.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 05, 2018, 11:57:17 AM
I think the main way illegals "steal" identities is sharing social security numbers so they can get work.

Is this a common practice and to what extent are benefits stolen? Do you have statistics or studies I could look at?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 12:51:41 PM
I think the main way illegals "steal" identities is sharing social security numbers so they can get work.

"Sharing" is a curious choice of words, but otherwise I think you're correct.  Though in many (most?) cases they get the stolen identity, then "legally" obtain work, then use that ID to claim benefits.  And why wouldn't they at that point?
Why does it have to be stolen?
Seems reasonable to believe sharing could occur sometimes.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2018, 03:22:43 PM

Is this a common practice and to what extent are benefits stolen? Do you have statistics or studies I could look at?

It's just speculation/hearsay.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Jacob on July 05, 2018, 01:16:03 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 05, 2018, 01:15:11 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2018, 12:43:46 PM
Well, I could post all these with a  :rolleyes: or  :face: depending on contents.

Don't do it on CC's account.

Yeah, it'd be weird to log in with someone else's credentials. If you do it, please continue using the Syt account.

If you're going to do it on CC's account, at least steal some welfare too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 05, 2018, 04:29:35 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2018, 03:22:43 PM

It's just speculation/hearsay.

Got it. Seems plausible I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Remind me again of where the 9/11 attackers came from vs. which countries have been hit with the travel banhammer? :secret:

(This comment brought to you by the Clarity for Crazy Canuck Informational Transparency Fund. ;) :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

See? Now that is impressive propaganda. I don't know even know WTF most of that is even talking about and I can barely even start on the stuff I at least know a little about.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2018, 08:33:51 AM
Who is occupying our government?

Yeah I did not get that either. The Republicans control, and have controlled for most of our history since 1994, most state governments and Congress. But most of that makes no sense. Or requires loads of explanation for how it is true in whatever weird bizarre way it is. Like how the price of food quadrupled since 2009. Or how the President increased welfare without any laws being passed. Is that about Obamacare? Who knows?

Grinning_Colossus

Christoph Waltz! I knew he looked like somebody. It's Christoph Waltz.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?