And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
I do have many conservative instincts.

Valmy, you named yourself Valmy for gods sake! You are a revolutionary!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on July 02, 2018, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
I do have many conservative instincts.

Valmy, you named yourself Valmy for gods sake! You are a revolutionary!

I am a man of contradictions. I do have revolutionary instincts but the problem is the radical side of the conservatives is too backwards looking for my taste.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2018, 11:24:27 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2018, 11:05:59 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2018, 10:05:55 AM
I love Maxine Waters :lol:

Trump has been pretty good using her as the example of "evil black person".

:huh:

He loves to bring her up.  She's black and therefor a "low IQ person".  A perfect foil to the towering intellect of Donald Trump, bringer of all that is good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2018, 12:17:50 PM
He loves to bring her up.

This much is true.  And why wouldn't he?

QuoteShe's black and therefor a "low IQ person".  A perfect foil to the towering intellect of Donald Trump, bringer of all that is good.

Okay now this is all in your head.  Trump is bad enough for who he is.  No need to make stuff up to make him that much worse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2018, 01:50:43 PM
This much is true.  And why wouldn't he?

I don't know. I guess I figured a President had more important things to do than do LOLZ on the internet. Fuck I have more important things to do than that. So that is why he wouldn't...or shouldn't I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Yeah, well Trump is a little different in case you hadn't noticed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

My brother in law:

QuoteLiberals say Don't Separate The Families! At the same time they have no problem ripping a baby from the mother's womb and tossing it into the trash.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Which retard states are your brothers in law from Syt?

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2018, 03:42:20 PM
My brother in law:

QuoteLiberals say Don't Separate The Families! At the same time they have no problem ripping a baby from the mother's womb and tossing it into the trash.

Does your family ever actually defend their ideas or just come up with bizarre ways to scream 'hypocrisy!' at everything?

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2018, 02:14:42 PM
Yeah, well Trump is a little different in case you hadn't noticed.

Yeah...

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
Which retard states are your brothers in law from Syt?

Pittsburgh, PA and San Bernardino, CA, respectively.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2018, 03:53:20 PM
Does your family ever actually defend their ideas or just come up with bizarre ways to scream 'hypocrisy!' at everything?
If Syt's family is anything like my extended family, the answer is no.  I'm not trying to deliberately be dismissive, but I just don't think that facts and arguments are what these people work with:  they don't arrive at their ideas that way, they don't defend ideas that way, and they are totally impervious to other ideas being introduced in this way. 

It's all based on "common sense" and fear, not to mention just living in a different world factually to the extent that they do wander into fact-based reality for a moment.  People that disagree with them are generaly utter morons.  In my case, it's generally acknowledged that I am indeed very smart, so I'm too ivory tower and elitist for my own good to know how it really is.  It's a pretty impenetrable mindset.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2018, 01:50:43 PM

Okay now this is all in your head.  Trump is bad enough for who he is.  No need to make stuff up to make him that much worse.

Yeah, and it just happens that most of the fights he picks are with non-whites.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould