Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: dps on May 31, 2018, 04:31:01 PM
How is calling someone an ape racist?  We're all apes, after all.
Speak for yourself.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Not sure where to put this, but it might as well go here (friend nor family afaik).

Guy taking a selfie with the victim of a train accident.

The Brain

Recently a teenager drowned in Sweden and the police and rescue people were hindered in their work by onlookers standing in the way filming/taking pictures. They were not happy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I guess it wasn't really a rush if he was already dead?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2018, 01:53:12 PM
I guess it wasn't really a rush if he was already dead?

I don't think he was necessarily dead when they were trying to save him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on June 04, 2018, 01:42:42 PM
Recently a teenager drowned in Sweden and the police and rescue people were hindered in their work by onlookers standing in the way filming/taking pictures. They were not happy.
Perhaps they wouldn't be hindered so much if they didn't keep blocking the shots.

Syt

Yo, Raz, this showed up on my sister's Facebook page. Can you confirm?

QuoteMissouri has no illegals; go figure... shouldn't the other states do the same? Missouri's approach to the problem of illegal immigration appears to be more advanced, sophisticated, strict and effective than anything to date in Arizona . Does the White House appreciate what Missouri has done? So, why doesn't Missouri receive attention? Answer: There are no illegals in Missouri to demonstrate. (And the Media doesn't want to publicize that fact!)

The "Show Me" state has again shown us how it should be done. There needs to be more publicity and exposure regarding what Missouri has done. Please pass this around.

In 2007, Missouri placed on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the official language of Missouri In November, 2008, nearly 90% voted in favor! Thus, English became the official language for ALL governmental activity in Missouri . No individual has the right to demand government services in a language OTHER than English.

In 2008, a measure was passed that required the Missouri Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be in Missouri illegally. Missouri law enforcement officers receive specific training with respect to enforcement of federal immigration laws.

In Missouri, illegal immigrants do NOT have access to taxpayer benefits such as food stamps or health care through Missouri Health NET.

In 2009, a measure was passed that ensures Missouri 's public institutions of higher education do NOT award financial aid to individuals who are illegally in the United States .

In Missouri all post-secondary institutions of higher education are required to annually certify to the Missouri Dept. of Higher Education that they have NOT knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States .

It is important to remember, Missouri has been far more proactive in addressing this horrific problem. Missouri has made it clear that illegal immigrants are NOT WELCOME in the state and they will NOT receive public benefits at the expense of Missouri taxpayers.

DON'T DELETE THIS, AMERICA . KEEP IT GOING UNTIL WE GET ALL 50 STATES TO COMPLY!

Taken from: "The Ozarks Sentinel" Editorial -

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

No, we have illegal immigrants in Missouri.  Not many, but not many legal citizens willing come to Missouri.  The description of the laws are fairly accurate though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Once again it comes down to the need of a modern state to have identity cards.

Eddie Teach

With 90% support in Missouri, you'd think the English as official language movement would have gotten more traction nationally.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quotenearly 90% voted in favor! Thus, English became the official language

If they think a law is required to ensure people speak English - they should probably adopt English spelling. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 25, 2018, 04:48:27 AM
With 90% support in Missouri, you'd think the English as official language movement would have gotten more traction nationally.

That part isn't quite true.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.