News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Would've worked better if "racist thoughts" were inserted into a list of possible side effects.

DGuller

I thought to myself when the story came out that it would be cool if the maker of Ambien released a public statement clarifying that racism is not a side effect of their medication, but they probably wouldn't do it, because it wouldn't be safe PR.  Turns out they did do just that.  I'll get a prescription for Ambien just to support them.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

My brother has said some bizarre stuff while on Ambien.  Nothing racist, but just about as weird.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Yeah, I'm not an Ambien person. I prefer Lunesta which has smaller duration of effect (~4 hours as opposed to Ambien's ~8), so less chance of oddness.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2018, 07:50:44 AM
My brother has said some bizarre stuff while on Ambien.  Nothing racist, but just about as weird.

I heard people saying bizarre stuff while in Amiens too.

derspiess

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 31, 2018, 09:58:44 AM
I heard people saying bizarre stuff while in Amiens too.

A lot of that depends on who holds the city, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

:hmm: Macron I guess, though he is only really popular in the bourgeois parts.

dps

How is calling someone an ape racist?  We're all apes, after all.

Eddie Teach

Because racists consider blacks not as far removed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: dps on May 31, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

No, Hominids are primates, Apes are primates.  All Hominids are primates, not all primates are Hominids.

While some systems list Apes as Hominids, even with this it is still not right that humans are apes.  Humans are Hominids, Apes are Hominids but Humans are not apes (nor are they other hominids)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: PDH on May 31, 2018, 05:30:47 PM

No, Hominids are primates, Apes are primates.  All Hominids are primates, not all primates are Hominids.

While some systems list Apes as Hominids, even with this it is still not right that humans are apes.  Humans are Hominids, Apes are Hominids but Humans are not apes (nor are they other hominids)

:yeahright: What systems don't put apes as in the Homindae family?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

:yeahright:

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2018, 05:45:39 PM

:yeahright:

I figure it has got to be a bad troll by dps

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2018, 05:34:58 PM

:yeahright: What systems don't put apes as in the Homindae family?

There are still some conservative taxonomies out there that have apes and hominids coming from a common ancestor but splitting into distinct groups.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM