News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 20, 2017, 01:24:45 PM
Like: why aren't Iranians white? To my eyes they look like white people. But they aren't. For reasons. Or are they? Who knows.

Iranians are no more white than Greeks or Spaniards are. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

For some White means Anglo-Saxons. I wouldn't even qualify.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on October 20, 2017, 01:29:36 PM
Like: why aren't Iranians white? To my eyes they look like white people. But they aren't. For reasons. Or are they? Who knows.

Or Slavs, don't forget the Slavs
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on October 20, 2017, 01:38:55 PM

Slavs are very fair in skin tone. :huh:  :goodboy:

11B4V

Plus they smell like beets.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on October 20, 2017, 01:42:07 PM

Plus they smell like beets.

Delicious, delicious beets. :mmm:

Jacob

Or Ukranians  :rolleyes:

The Brain

Are North Germanics white? I'm asking for a friend.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on October 20, 2017, 01:57:05 PM

Or Ukranians Russians  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 20, 2017, 01:20:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 20, 2017, 12:49:05 PM
It is a long haired white dude. Take it up with Jesus's neighbors descendants if they got it wrong.

Yeah I think you're missing the point though about what makes the Nazi types queasy.  It's not the prospect of Jesus as a Nubian.  More that he's a hook-nose, a Red Sea pedestrian.

It is very possible that my typical problem when dealing with this race thing (trying to figure out what makes somebody a certain race and who qualifies and who doesn't) is indeed the problem :P

If you subscribe to the theory that there are 3 human races, then Iranians are Caucasians, and so, yeah, therefore white.  If you think there are more than 3 races, then Iranians may or may not be Caucasians. If you think that race is purely a social construct, and therefore apparently there are no observable physical differences between an Australian aborigine and a Norwegian, then you're grumbler.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on October 20, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
If you subscribe to the theory that there are 3 human races, then Iranians are Caucasians, and so, yeah, therefore white.  If you think there are more than 3 races, then Iranians may or may not be Caucasians. If you think that race is purely a social construct, and therefore apparently there are no observable physical differences between an Australian aborigine and a Norwegian, then you're grumbler.

And if you believe that no statement is complete without a completely bullshit strawman argument, you are dps.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney