Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on October 08, 2017, 08:40:47 PM
Dove... what the fuck you doing dove?

Didn't someone do this clever "our stuff washes the black off" before?  Or is this that old ad rehashed?

Eddie Teach

There was the one where the Asian woman puts black guy in washing machine and pulls out Asian guy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Besides the oneeddie mentions, it used to be a popular ad trope for soap. Google racist soap ads
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 08, 2017, 08:54:41 PM
Too old, too fat

Yeah, Sosa's too old and too fat;  that's why he retired.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Political cartoonists have a knack for annoying everybody who isn't firmly entrenched in their camp.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 09, 2017, 05:07:51 PM
Political cartoonists have a knack for annoying everybody who isn't firmly entrenched in their camp.

I don't think that that is true (except maybe for the real right-wingers - you'd know about them better than me).  Most non-right-wingers enjoy even cartoons lampooning the center and left, in my experience, but nobody enjoys political "cartoons" that lack subtlety or irony.  A heavy-handed political cartoonist is a bad political cartoonist, no matter who his or her audience is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on October 09, 2017, 06:34:03 PM
I don't think that that is true (except maybe for the real right-wingers - you'd know about them better than me). 

:mellow:

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive