Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on September 26, 2017, 04:42:04 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 25, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
Will this happen when the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars?

In the year 2555

Please remember us when you are there to witness it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

Quote from: grumbler on September 25, 2017, 08:12:19 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 25, 2017, 06:15:43 PM
I would consider keeping someone enslaved to be enslaving them. I don't think that's at all inaccurate.

That's playing semantic games.

No, playing semantic games is focusing on the phrase "entire race" when it has a broad range of possible meanings, a number of which could be considered accurate, and using the meaning that conforms with your worldview.

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on September 26, 2017, 12:04:25 PM
No, playing semantic games is focusing on the phrase "entire race" when it has a broad range of possible meanings, a number of which could be considered accurate, and using the meaning that conforms with your worldview.

:huh:  "Entire race" was not my phrase.  It was Chris Silber's.  Take it up with him.

When you come up with an "accurate" definition of "entire race" that fits this context, feel free to share.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Maximus

Quote from: grumbler on September 26, 2017, 12:34:29 PM
When you come up with an "accurate" definition of "entire race" that fits this context, feel free to share.
:lol: No, you can't have my point. It's your argument that needs an accurate definition of "entire race", not mine. You're the one who's choosing to focus on that phrase.

HVC

@sav

Does she have pom-poms braided into her hair? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Savonarola

Quote from: HVC on September 26, 2017, 01:29:04 PM
@sav

Does she have pom-poms braided into her hair? :unsure:

Jeff Gillooly had a baton; you may be onto something.  :hmm:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

That one guy folded his nazi flag into a very tiny little square... should have ironed it before pulling it out.

garbon

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on September 26, 2017, 12:59:51 PM
:lol: No, you can't have my point. It's your argument that needs an accurate definition of "entire race", not mine. You're the one who's choosing to focus on that phrase.

:lol:  No, you cannot have my point, either.  I am making no argument about the "entire race" that is any different than that made by Chris Silber.  Take it up with him if you have a problem with the term.  I think it is absurd, but your mileage may vary.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: PRC on September 26, 2017, 01:58:36 PM
That one guy folded his nazi flag into a very tiny little square... should have ironed it before pulling it out.

Pretty sure it's just out of the shipping packet from China.

Or, I mean, I guess that's how they fold them when shipped :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Maximus on September 26, 2017, 12:59:51 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 26, 2017, 12:34:29 PM

While "race" may not be a precise term, "entire" does have a specific meaning.  Grumbler and I may have focused on the term, but we weren't the ones who used it to start with.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2017, 02:47:58 PM
Quote from: PRC on September 26, 2017, 01:58:36 PM

Pretty sure it's just out of the shipping packet from China.

Or, I mean, I guess that's how they fold them when shipped :ph34r:

Pocket-sized, for the racist on the go.  You just can't have racial cleansing politics without a moist towelette handy.