And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 30, 2017, 03:43:02 PM
Who is that?

Joel Osteen, mega church preacher that denied his 17k seat church to flood victims until called out on social media. First he claimed the building was flooded until pictures came out showing that it wasn't. now he's just blocking people on twitter.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

this guy:

Some kind of big time preacher in Houston.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 03:47:28 PM
this guy:

Some kind of big time preacher in Houston.

Don't give me "some kind of git time preacher".  You know who Joel Osteen is - I told you about him a couple of months ago!

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,4524.msg1090173.html#msg1090173
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

just because he looks like you doesn't mean he remembers everything you say :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2017, 03:52:28 PM
Don't give me "some kind of git time preacher".  You know who Joel Osteen is - I told you about him a couple of months ago!

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,4524.msg1090173.html#msg1090173

See? He is so famous even Canadians know who he is. For shame Eddie. FOR SHAME.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

All I know about Joel Osteen is from "inspirational" Facebook posts from my wife's friend (now blocked) and snarky critical posts from Scip.  Were it not for the two of those people, I'd never have known.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Camerus

He's probably the most famous prosperity gospel preacher today.  If you have faith, God will give you a McMansion, etc.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, back then they had style and panache.  They all look the same now.

HVC

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on August 30, 2017, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2017, 07:26:47 PM
I'm a Jim Bakker fan

Is he the one that nailed the playboy chick?

:lol:  She wasn't a Playboy chick at the time.  She had to aspire to that.

HVC

That's good, they both got something out of it.

CountDeMoney

Savonarola

One of my friends posted an article with the headline:

TRUMP PUMPS ARE THE ENVY OF FRUMPS.

I thought of CdM when I saw that.  Unfortunately it's from some right-wing blog and not Variety.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock