Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on August 22, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

:lol: Be sure to ask them how "weak" someone would have to be to chuck boxes of tea into Boston Harbor. :P
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

I like how the girls are giving black power salutes but the dude is just chillin' like it's any other spot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 21, 2017, 05:16:46 PM
Only goofballs called them freedom fries.
the same goofballs are defending Trump now.  That's a lot of goofballs for one country.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I am not even sure how one might go about responding to that much concentrated stupid all in one place.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

D'Souza is right though. Lee considered himself a Virginian over an American and that's why he fought for the South.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2017, 12:03:19 PM
I am not even sure how one might go about responding to that much concentrated stupid all in one place.

That is indeed a shitload of frozen concentrate stupid.
Maybe it's referring to an entirely different Lee, like Robert E. Lee of Passaic, New Jersey.

frunk

Assuming the quote is actually from him, D'Souza has a talent for concentrating stupidity.

grumbler

Stupidity and also untruths.  Any army with Winfield Scott in it has only one candidate for most decorated soldier.  Though, to be sure, since, AFAICT, Lee was not decorated at all (that wasn't the fashion when he served) the stupid is even more interesting. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: frunk on August 23, 2017, 12:51:55 PM
Assuming the quote is actually from him, D'Souza has a talent for concentrating stupidity.

And getting convicted of crimes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I never got the 'Lee was an abolishionist' thing. Or how he was opposed to slavery and secession but participated in both yet was a man of great integrity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."