And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 02:03:59 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2017, 01:58:25 PM
Are those the same officers who didn't protect a synagogue?

What do you think?

I don't know how big Charlottesville PD is so I wouldn't dare a guess (if in fact the cousins exist at all). Both Nazis and anti-Nazis could think that they gain by painting a picture of a well-oiled machine preparing for bigger stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2017, 01:54:02 PM
In the "surely this is just a wacky conspiracy theory" territory.
the second part, surely.

no doubt they are flexing their muscles and testing the authorities reaction.  Next time will be bigger, for sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

I don't know what kind of voodoo magics garbon uses to link/embed tweets the way he does.

This might be the worst take of all time, courtesy of Geraldo Rivera

https://twitter.com/GeraldoRivera/status/898039806382440448

QuoteGeraldo Rivera‏Verified account
@GeraldoRivera
Follow
More
#RobertELee is a lot like #ErwinRommel a glorious yet failed warrior, untarnished by the sins of his brothers
9:32 PM - 16 Aug 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on August 17, 2017, 07:34:21 PM
They should have hung that traitor.

They should have hanged him, as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Good thing we have the grammer/spelling Nazi around to keep us focused on the important stuff.

11B4V

dps

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on August 17, 2017, 08:59:54 PM
Good thing we have the grammer/spelling Nazi around to keep us focused on the important stuff.

Good thing we have someone with zero sense of humor around, or we'd have to take turns being all butthurt.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Good thing we have an amateur comedian around to keep us groaning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

My reaction to the Houston joke was more a  :huh: than a groan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.