And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2017, 11:28:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2017, 04:11:14 PM
The Martin & Harper governments let a Canadian child be tortured by the US. There's no excuse for that. There is no excuse for it when The Canadian government was doing it to the Native people either.
The Harper government did not let a Canadian child be tortured by the US.  The Harper government let a war prisoner who fought against Canada's allies whill still having a a Canadian passport sit in his jail cell in the US by refusing to allow him back to the country.  The presumed torture happenned before Harper was first elected.

Do you think Canada should have pleaded with Russia for them to return Canadian Waffen SS prisoners immediatly after WWII?

Were any of the Canadian Waffen SS prisoners kids?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 23, 2017, 12:09:59 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2017, 11:28:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2017, 04:11:14 PM
The Martin & Harper governments let a Canadian child be tortured by the US. There's no excuse for that. There is no excuse for it when The Canadian government was doing it to the Native people either.
The Harper government did not let a Canadian child be tortured by the US.  The Harper government let a war prisoner who fought against Canada's allies whill still having a a Canadian passport sit in his jail cell in the US by refusing to allow him back to the country.  The presumed torture happenned before Harper was first elected.

Do you think Canada should have pleaded with Russia for them to return Canadian Waffen SS prisoners immediatly after WWII?

Were any of the Canadian Waffen SS prisoners kids?
he wasn't a kid, he was 15.  If he didn't understood at 15 that it was wrong to kill people, he will never understand.  And so far, he has not shown he understands it either.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

This is the basis of the disagreement. 15 years old are not adults & should not be treated as such.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2017, 11:31:38 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 21, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.
If that were the case, there would never be trials.

The vast majority of cases never get to trial. Most settle. Particularly where the facts are one-sided, it makes sense (plus in Canada, depending on province, our costs rules seriously encourage it).

I don't know all the facts, but that this is a case that ought to have been settled seems pretty credible to me.

If so, fighting a hopeless battle would be a purely political move, and a waste of (your tax) cash.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 21, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.  Why should the state waste money time and resources on doomed trial just to make a pointless show of a fight?

Because a lot of voters feel as Viper feels. They would feel better about a government that fights a (legally pointless) fight, than one that settles.

Knowing this, the government attempted to bury the story; and that very attempt made it a bigger story.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Just a reminder from the mother church for you heathen pervs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2017, 08:48:50 AM

If Jesus watches wanking folks without their permission, who exactly is the perv?  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on July 24, 2017, 08:51:15 AM

If Jesus watches wanking folks without their permission, who exactly is the perv?  :P

Malthus for creating this scenario. :pope:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 24, 2017, 08:53:39 AM

Malthus for creating this scenario. :pope:

I'm comfortable with that.  :D

Razgovory

It's in the EULA.  Most babies don't even read it before they are born, they just click yes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017