Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2017, 02:47:36 AM
Is accepting evidence from science a partisan affair? What's with this let's make a deal, attitude?

The era of Trump. Everything's negotiable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2017, 02:47:36 AM
Is accepting evidence from science a partisan affair? What's with this let's make a deal, attitude?

She is saying we are hypocrites about science. Because that is always the angle to stop from actually giving any credence to the other sides points.

I was not aware Liberals had a position on biological sex but there you go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

She's right about the two sexes part. Sorry to anyone who gets zir feelings hurt by this.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 05, 2017, 08:53:55 AM
She's right about the two sexes part. Sorry to anyone who gets zir feelings hurt by this.

Well see? Already there. Trump can go ahead and accept climate change now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

I thought that's the difference between sex and gender.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 05, 2017, 08:59:55 AM

Yes, as I said, I don't recall there was a big liberal ideology on biological sex. I mean sure there are intersex people and all that but it is not generally a big political issue.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Yes, as I said, I don't recall there was a big liberal ideology on biological sex. I mean sure there are intersex people and all that but it is not generally a big political issue.

I would guess Tomi isn't splitting gender and sex.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Heh, Ms. Lahren is clearly too ignorant to even put together a decently fallacious tu quoque argument.  :lol:

Probably doesn't matter though - so is her intended audience.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Welfare was introduced in the 1930s and the Republicans have not controlled the House since.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2017, 03:18:06 PM
Welfare was introduced in the 1930s and the Republicans have not controlled the House since.
given what Syt told us of his sister(s), it's kinda ironic that she'd be saying fat people are lazy and Democrat...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

aren't the welfare states the southern republican states?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on June 05, 2017, 03:55:11 PM
aren't the welfare states the southern republican states?

You're probably thinking of that map that Raz likes to post which shows net flows of federal money and which, to my understanding, is largely reflective of the prevalence of military bases and retirees in the south.  Although it's true that shitty southern states like Alabama do get a lot of federal money for education.  I've never seen anything that specifically addresses prevalence of welfare spending.

And welfare per se is more or less extinct since the Clinton reforms of FICA.  IIRC something like 4 million people are on TANF, the replacement.  Welfare these days doesn't mean welfare, it means Section 8 housing, food stamps, and disability payments.