Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 01:16:39 PM
Quote from: dps on May 21, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
Wonder how many people get that one.

Why would you wonder that?

'Cause for people our age, it's pretty obvious, but the internet is dominated by people younger than us;  even on this forum, you and I are among the older posters, and that's a pretty old reference as pop culture references go.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on May 21, 2017, 04:13:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 01:16:39 PM
Quote from: dps on May 21, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
Wonder how many people get that one.

Why would you wonder that?

'Cause for people our age, it's pretty obvious, but the internet is dominated by people younger than us;  even on this forum, you and I are among the older posters, and that's a pretty old reference as pop culture references go.

C'mon, man...It's a movie poster of an iconic film that has been so overmeme'd out of its ass, it's its own meme.

PDH

Great, I just had to listen to Tubular Bells because of this.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

I only knew it because I'm a nerd who's played lots of movie poster quizzes on sporcle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2017, 03:54:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 10:22:40 AM
Your sister's German, right? Like, real German, not fake "Kiss Me I'm German" bumper sticker German, right?

Yup.

Hilarious.  Acts like she's fucking from here.  Even the douchebag Canadians here aren't that obnoxious.  Close, but not quite.

MEIN FOOD STAMPS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote[Your Name] means 'Larger than Life' and is derived frmo 'coprolalia' which was used in ancient Latin writings.

Besides "coprolalia" being nowhere close to my sister's name, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what that word means. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2017, 03:54:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2017, 10:22:40 AM
Your sister's German, right? Like, real German, not fake "Kiss Me I'm German" bumper sticker German, right?

Yup.

Hilarious.  Acts like she's fucking from here.  Even the douchebag Canadians here aren't that obnoxious.  Close, but not quite.

When you're only number 2, you try harder. :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2017, 02:47:37 AM
Quote[Your Name] means 'Larger than Life' and is derived frmo 'coprolalia' which was used in ancient Latin writings.

Besides "coprolalia" being nowhere close to my sister's name, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what that word means. :D

Those things piss me off since they are obvious bullshit to anybody who knows anything about names and language and just serve to make the posters look like idiots.

Um no, Kelly is not Egyptian for fearless woman.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2017, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2017, 02:47:37 AM

Those things piss me off since they are obvious bullshit to anybody who knows anything about names and language and just serve to make the posters look like idiots.

Um no, Kelly is not Egyptian for fearless woman.
do people really believe these kind of things?  Seriously?  I thought they posted it for fun, for laughs, not because of any truth.  Well, they give away all their private data on Facebook to some foreign company who won't tell you what it does with it, but aside that, I couldn't believe they were that dumb.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Petition signed by my sisters:

https://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing?recruiter=510463664&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

QuoteSave Tim Allen's Show "Last Man Standing"

Despite consistently high rankings, especially considering the time slot in which it is aired, Tim Allen's show "Last Man Standing" has been cancelled by the network on which it is aired, ABC.

Last Man Standing stands out in the sea of network television sitcoms.  It is a show that appeals to a broad swath of Americans who find very few shows that extol the virtues with which they can identify; namely conservative values.

Last Man Standing was not just selling conservative ideals though, as some of the characters in the show are clearly of the liberal persuasion, yet the characters on the show all manage to get along and take care of one another, despite their politically opposed views.  The show is about more than politics though, it is about family.  In fact, politics is only a secondary part of the show, but one in which many Americans can readily identify.

Last Man Standing is one of the only shows on broadcast television, and the only sitcom, that is not constantly shoving liberal ideals down the throats of the viewers.  And sadly, that is likely the real reason the show has been cancelled.

The intent of this petition/boycott is to attempt to get ABC to renew the show.  With that in mind, I will no longer be watching any ABC shows.  I have cancelled the DVR settings for the other ABC shows that I regularly watch.  If you want to help try to save Last Man Standing, I encourage you to do the same.  Even if you are not willing to boycott the network, but still want to save the show, please sign this petition and share it.  If you do plan to boycott ABC, please say so when you sign.  Let them hear our voices.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I already don't watch any of ABC's crap, Allen included.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

I watched Last Man standing. The show has run it's course. The kids actresses are getting to old & the stories being told when kids are ~20 years old on tv is not funny.

Just like what happened to Home Improvement.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Probably true.  When the storyline shitcans the kids' future/career potentials in order to keep them at home with mommy/daddy, it might not be sending a great message.  :P

Grey Fox

Home Improvement lasted a long time because they started the kids very young.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

All I know about Last man Standing was the actress that played the middle daughter had nice cans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive