News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

They would accept you if you spoke French.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on March 28, 2017, 01:47:32 PM

Growing in a whitriarcal academic environment.  Non mixed discussion night between women and non-binary racialized people.
Organized by racialized Uqamians in action!

UQAM: Hyper leftist university in Montreal.  Safe space&all.

Blantriarchal (sic)  :hmm:  :bleeding: or  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: HVC on March 28, 2017, 02:59:26 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 28, 2017, 02:30:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2017, 01:53:14 PM
Well UQAM is very white.
Quebec is still very white ;)

Not white enough for some people
Not white enough, true.
Not english enough, also true.
Not french enough, also true.
Not left enough, true.
Not right enough, again true.
I think you're very close on piercing the veil on Quebec's distinctiveness ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

So it seems Trump is giving Vietnam veterans their own memorial day. Are there other memorial days for veterans of specific wars?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

No.  And pretty sure Trump can't make it an official thing without Congress.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 30, 2017, 02:48:04 AM
No.  And pretty sure Trump can't make it an official thing without Congress.

Seems to have happened already?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/28/president-donald-j-trump-signs-s-305-law

QuotePresident Donald J. Trump Signs S. 305 into Law

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017, the President signed into law:

S. 305, the "Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017," which encourages the display of the U.S. flag on March 29, National Vietnam War Veterans Day.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

This nation's wounds will never heal until each and every veteran from Operation Urgent Fury finally comes home.

garbon

Apparently, Obama had announced such for one day back in 2012. Seems a bit odd to have but I don't feel strongly either way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2017, 05:40:35 AM
This nation's wounds will never heal until each and every veteran from Operation Urgent Fury finally comes home.

Some are still hanging out in their beach cabanas?
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 30, 2017, 06:07:47 AM

Some are still hanging out in their beach cabanas?

#NoBloodForNutmeg

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Daddy, what was Grenada?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding Cuban construction workers."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.