And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2017, 11:21:01 AM
Oh is le Devoir leftwing propaganda?
Oex will tell you not, but he's biased ;)
I can't count the number of falsehoods I read in their articles or columns.  The Editorials are totally leftwing, but that's allright, La Presse is totally federalist & Liberal party all the way to the end, even when they supported the Conservative, you'd swear they had a bad aftertaste in their mouth.

dps talked about human bias in the medias, and that I can live with.  Most journalists are from the big cities, they look at remote areas of Quebec with disdain and snobbism, they consider us all potential murderers because we have a gun at home, but that is no excuse for blatant dishonesty.

I disagree with some editorials and columns in the NYT, but I've never ever caught one of their journalist or regular columnist straight out inventing facts to support their bias.  This is good journalism.  Our medias... well, they just won't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 11:11:14 PM
The Economist is, in my opinion, the best publication in the world. That probably says something about me :P

The Economist is excellent.

I don't pay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2017, 11:22:55 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 11:11:14 PM
The Economist is, in my opinion, the best publication in the world. That probably says something about me :P

That you're snooty and, while relatively progressive when it comes to things like human rights and collective security, you're still not ashamed to gut a motherfucker like a fish if you thought he swallowed a quarter.

It's for their own good.  Lead poisoning and all that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2017, 11:55:29 AM
According to David Frum, print media is seeing a huge revival. It is the one possible silver lining.

And the more willing they are to stand up to Trump, the more their subscription numbers have grown.

NYT seems to have gotten their mojo back.  Even the NY Post has taken some shots despite endorsing him.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 23, 2017, 07:07:16 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2017, 11:55:29 AM
According to David Frum, print media is seeing a huge revival. It is the one possible silver lining.

And the more willing they are to stand up to Trump, the more their subscription numbers have grown.

NYT seems to have gotten their mojo back.  Even the NY Post has taken some shots despite endorsing him.

Like shooting fish in an empty barrel?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Last year I was supposed to boycott the Oscars because they were too white. This year it is because they are insufficiently pro-Trump. Man so confusing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2017, 09:49:24 PM
Last year I was supposed to boycott the Oscars because they were too white. This year it is because they are insufficiently pro-Trump. Man so confusing.

Personally I don't watch them because I don't care.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on February 26, 2017, 10:20:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2017, 09:49:24 PM

Personally I don't watch them because I don't care.

Good man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Well right. I boycott the Oscars every year. I am always just curious what political stance I am taking by doing so :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

I watched the last hour or so.

I have not seen any of the movies nominated in any(probably all) category.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

garbon

I would have voted for him, for term 2, had I not been a lazy youth (-_-), so yeah.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

I liked George W and voted for him in 2004 so yeah, he needs to make a miraculous comeback :pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.