And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2017, 03:43:54 PM
There is something weird about Yi applauding the WP slogan "democracy dies in darkness" and then whining he has no more free articles; aka he won't subscribe.  :P

I don't see it. :mellow:

... yeah, I'm not sure what the connection is either.

Eddie Teach

He's not willing to pay for enlightenment.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

If you have access to a .edu or .gov email address you can get free unlimited access to the WaPo website by signing in with it.

.GOV COASTAL ELITES
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 22, 2017, 10:08:01 PM
If you have access to a .edu or .gov email address you can get free unlimited access to the WaPo website by signing in with it.

.GOV COASTAL ELITES

:yeah:

We get blown-open access to JSTOR through the agency's intrawebs, do you?  You should try it.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2017, 10:13:20 PM

.GOV COASTAL ELITES

:yeah:

We get blown-open access to JSTOR through the agency's intrawebs, do you?  You should try it.

Dunno, I'll take a look. I'm grateful for anything. Living on government handouts is the thug lyfe

Barrister

.GOV COASTAL ELITES

Does a gov.ab.ca email address work? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on February 22, 2017, 10:27:27 PM

.GOV COASTAL ELITES

You get access to Canadian Tire ads and the Swiss Chalet menu.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on February 22, 2017, 10:27:27 PM

.GOV COASTAL ELITES

Prolly not but give her a shot man

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2017, 10:39:54 PM
I read Stormfront.

QuoteWho reads the Failing Stormfront anymore? NO ONE. Only Fox News and Breitbart (Bannon) are god!!

sbr

I won't try and speak for Alfred, but I have some thoughts.

I bought a 12 month subscription to the Washington Post the night Flynn resigned, and it was specifically because of the reporting the Post did related to that.

I don't think TV news has ever done much in regards to investigative reporting and uncovering federal government shenanigans and it is very clear that they will continue on that path.

Print journalism, that dying dinosaur, however has once again been the outlet that has had the balls to do the digging, opining and reporting on the true nonsense that is going on in the current administration.  Whether it is the NYT, the WP or even Teen Vogue (yeah haha stick to shoes) they have been one of the very few to shine a light on what is really going on, and trying to keep the darkness (ignorance) away.

The shitty thing is is that even people who are interested in the journalism these publications are doing are not willing to pony up and pay them to continue their work.

Thus someone who agrees with the idea that "Democracy dies in darkness" but is not willing to step up and contribute to those few who are doing everything they can to fight off that darkness may not be taken very seriously by those that do.

EDIT: Hmm drunker than I thought when I started this.  The main points still stand but I may not have been as eloquent as I thought I might be when I started off. :D

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on February 22, 2017, 10:58:03 PM
I won't try and speak for Alfred, but I have some thoughts.

I bought a 12 month subscription to the Washington Post the night Flynn resigned, and it was specifically because of the reporting the Post did related to that.

I don't think TV news has ever done much in regards to investigative reporting and uncovering federal government shenanigans and it is very clear that they will continue on that path.

Print journalism, that dying dinosaur, however has once again been the outlet that has had the balls to do the digging, opining and reporting on the true nonsense that is going on in the current administration.  Whether it is the NYT, the WP or even Teen Vogue (yeah haha stick to shoes) they have been one of the very few to shine a light on what is really going on, and trying to keep the darkness (ignorance) away.

The shitty thing is is that even people who are interested in the journalism these publications are doing are not willing to pony up and pay them to continue their work.

Thus someone who agrees with the idea that "Democracy dies in darkness" but is not willing to step up and contribute to those few who are doing everything they can to fight off that darkness may not be taken very seriously by those that do.

EDIT: Hmm drunker than I thought when I started this.  The main points still stand but I may not have been as eloquent as I thought I might be when I started off. :D

A reasonable point.

I subscribe to The Economist.