News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 14, 2017, 10:54:12 AM
You know they sell spare collar stays, right?  You can get them by the 100 for just a few bucks.

Where?  :huh:

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2017, 08:59:49 PM
Who still wears white shirts besides politicians?

They are sold in bulk for low prices with the intention of being used for school uniforms.
They also pass for acceptable dress at work.
So....  I do a lot.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
You know they sell spare collar stays, right?  You can get them by the 100 for just a few bucks.

The cleaners has them--mine used to give them away for free.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Well sum da bishes.  All those years of looking like Dilbert.  :(

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2017, 12:49:50 PM

Search collar stays on Amazon.  Lotsa choices. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2017, 01:16:04 PM
Well sum da bishes.  All those years of looking like Dilbert.  :(

You coulda had class. You coulda been a contender. You coulda been somebody, instead of a bum. But you didn't know about the collar stays.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I didn't know that collar tabs are a thing. I've checked my shirts which range from 10 to 80 Euros, and none seem to have the slit/access required to access the tabs. I presume people don't just cut it open? :unsure:

If it's not abundantly clear, I rarely dress formal. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2017, 01:43:59 PM
I didn't know that collar tabs are a thing.

I'm going to pass on this one, and let Ed make the German uniform joke instead.

Syt

I've been socialized in an environment where you don't wear shirts unless you have to go to court, a wedding, or to a funeral. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

And it took a shitload of ordnance to knock that out of you people.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2017, 01:48:22 PM

I can't remember if press was as excited when 9 months pregnant M.I.A. performed at the grammy's.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on February 14, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
You coulda had class. You coulda been a contender. You coulda been somebody, instead of a bum. But you didn't know about the collar stays.  :(

:D