Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Not with all the mustard you spill on yourself. 

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2017, 08:59:49 PM
Who still wears white shirts besides politicians?
White shirts are still the best choice when you wear a suit and also work well with e.g. good denims or chinos, a sporty dark blue jacket and brown leather belt and shoes.

Edit: What I don't understand is the American love for button down shirts.

DGuller

It looks better when you don't wear a tie.

Zanza

True. Except sometimes a suit looks sharper if you wear a tie.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on February 14, 2017, 01:07:16 AM
True. Except sometimes a suit looks sharper if you wear a tie.

Then you don't wear a button-down collar.  :bleeding: 

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Button downs are nice cuz if you lose your collar tabs on your regular shirts you look like Dilbert.  Nothing easier to lose than a collar tab, or to leave it when laundering so it melts.

Syt

I like wearing button downs under sweaters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

To be fair, almost every women look at him that way... until they meet Sophie.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 13, 2017, 10:10:56 PM
When outfitted head-to-toe by the generous Mr. Jos. A. Bank, Clothier (Ret.), I always favor white or thinly striped-on-white.  I find this tendency towards checkered dress shirts (gingham?) with a suit/tie unnerving.

You are a man of sense and good taste.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on February 14, 2017, 07:36:28 AM
the generous Mr. Jos. A. Bank, Clothier (Ret.),

Fun fact:  when I worked in their warehouse, they had a squad of little old ladies in their QA/QC department.  Wasn't a woman under the age of 60 there  That shit didn't come off the loading dock without going through them first, glasses all down on their noses, inspecting everything.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2017, 01:25:32 AM
Button downs are nice cuz if you lose your collar tabs on your regular shirts you look like Dilbert.  Nothing easier to lose than a collar tab, or to leave it when laundering so it melts.

You know they sell spare collar stays, right?  You can get them by the 100 for just a few bucks.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson