Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

So they keep posting this stuff but do they actually give a shit about vets, the homeless or pensioners?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2017, 08:16:07 AM
So they keep posting this stuff but do they actually give a shit about vets, the homeless or pensioners?

Their husbands are ex-military (but not combat veterans), so maybe about veterans at least?

Considering that my oldest sister at least is teh p00r, I doubt they give to charity. And I don't think they're doing volunteer work.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

It was a horrible mistake by the ruling elites to underestimate the proportion of irrational fear generated by the news of mass of coloureds approaching the borders.

It has had a big impact on Brexit, it clearly garners big support for Trump, and we have France and Germany in danger of falling to nazis.

I am not saying it was a mistake of letting refugees in, but perhaps more lipservice should have been paid to being careful about ramifications of it and such.

grumbler

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2017, 08:16:07 AM

Let alone those in Australia?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I didn't know vegetable were that expensive. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2017, 08:51:10 AM
I didn't know vegetable were that expensive.

Look what those trump supporters are costing America now.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on February 10, 2017, 08:27:04 AM
It was a horrible mistake by the ruling elites to underestimate the proportion of irrational fear generated by the news of mass of coloureds approaching the borders.

Except there is/was no such mass.  Immigration has been way down in the US since 07.  Refugee admissions were up a bit last year but not unusually high by historical standards.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

Farmers, and Founders, and WWII G.Is, and Vietnam, and The Great Depression. These people's political imagination resides in White America: The Theme Park.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

Eddie Teach

Warren doesn't look anything like Garbon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?