And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

:lol:

We do have "Homeless Americans welcome here" signs, they're just spelled "No Loitering"

garbon

I liked Samantha B's taken on this. She was like, seriously? Liberals have a very large capacity to care about a lot of causes all at once (homelessness being a long standing leftist cause*). And then added that they'd even likely fight for the rights of ignorant Trump supporters when Trump comes after their rights.

*when I was in SF, they were building brand new housing units that were only available to homeless individuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2017, 06:50:10 AM

*when I was in SF, they were building brand new housing units that were only available to homeless individuals.

:rolleyes:

That's what the mainstream wants you to think. OBVIOUSLY, they were built for refugees.

CountDeMoney

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I liked Samantha B's taken on this. She was like, seriously? Liberals have a very large capacity to care about a lot of causes all at once (homelessness being a long standing leftist cause*). And then added that they'd even likely fight for the rights of ignorant Trump supporters when Trump comes after their rights.

It's even funnier, because these things get posted by people complaining if anyone gets "free" handouts.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on February 09, 2017, 07:30:18 AM
*your average "Seriously?' pic*

Seriously?

Syt, is this all from the same feed from your extended family?  How can these people maintain this tempo?  Are they this angry all the time?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2017, 07:58:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 09, 2017, 07:30:18 AM
*your average "Seriously?' pic*

Seriously?

Syt, is this all from the same feed from your extended family?  How can these people maintain this tempo?  Are they this angry all the time?

It's between auto generated posts of Facebook games, quiz results, recipes and generic jokes/nostalgia posts. It's mostly my oldest sister, she has dozens and dozens of posts on her wall each day. My other sisters and family are much more restrained (though their material also features prominently in this thread).
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 09, 2017, 06:58:49 AM

:rolleyes:

That's what the mainstream wants you to think. OBVIOUSLY, they were built for refugees.

Mainstream SF media? Talk about a contradiction in terms.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.