Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 06, 2017, 12:55:26 PM
Its their use of the word illegal & we think it's people hiding in false basements from the Nazis but the reality is far from that.

Indeed. After all said individuals are often seen protesting for rights, can in some states gets driver's licenses, in-state discounts at state universities, etc.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2017, 12:35:37 PM
Quote from: PDH on February 06, 2017, 11:58:43 AM
Of course, in California the illegals/undocumented workers pay taxes.  They are just never going to see any of that money.

Goddamn, Tamas, you are ugly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2017, 11:50:44 AM
California is DOOMED!

Wow, 2.3 trillion dollar was about 18% of the US GDP in 2005 and illegals were at most 5% or so of the US population in that year. They are the most productive workers in the history of mankind.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2017, 12:56:31 PM
Our country was designed to be chaotic. It is what freedom is all about.

There is always that quote:
QuoteAmericans are the only race which passed directly from barbarism to decadence without knowing civilization.

No idea who said it though.

Clemenceau, or so I have heard.

viper37

This is the country where the IRS wants you to pay taxes on your illegal drug money income. Doesn't care that it's illegal.
It's the same in here.  You have to pay GST&PST on your drug sales.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2017, 01:54:05 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 06, 2017, 01:25:39 PM
Clemenceau, or so I have heard.

Not him. Or if he did he never wrote it down.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/12/07/barbarism-decadence/

Summary there is that it was originally about Russia but some newspaper person in France in the 30s changed it over to America.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on February 06, 2017, 01:23:25 PM
Wow, 2.3 trillion dollar was about 18% of the US GDP in 2005 and illegals were at most 5% or so of the US population in that year. They are the most productive workers in the history of mankind.

The blurb didn't say that those companies accounting for 18% of GDP employed nothing but illegals.  One illegal mowing the grass at Apple would be enough. On the other hand the writer doesn't seem to understand profit.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Valmy

How is he living proof of that? He is still alive?

Anyway. Right. 99% of the time. What about that other 1%?

Anyway I hoped this would be a good look at shortcomings in police training and priorities as well processes for dealing with what to do with something bad does happen.

Instead it became this bizarre partisan fight where it seems we are presented with this false binary choice. So depressing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2017, 03:13:57 PM

The writer doesn't seem to understand math. If 1% of encounters between black people and police end up in violence the dead toll would probably be in the thousands.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2017, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2017, 03:13:57 PM

The writer doesn't seem to understand math. If 1% of encounters between black people and police end up in violence the dead toll would probably be in the thousands.  :hmm:

It isn't the writer. The man pictured said that when interviewed.

celedhring

Snopes says it's a real quote. Fair enough then.  :hmm:

Grinning_Colossus

This is the country where the IRS wants you to pay taxes on your illegal drug money income. Doesn't care that it's illegal.

:yes: Bribes, too.

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?