Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

I don't think a Black Muslim is welcomed in ISIS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Saw a report that Russia is saying the US is flying sorties with them out of Syria...

derspiess

I don't have any moral objections to punching Nazis.  Nor to punching Commies, I guess.  Sucker punching and running away is a little cowardly, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 03:24:17 PM
I don't have any moral objections to punching Nazis.  Nor to punching Commies, I guess.  Sucker punching and running away is a little cowardly, though.

Live to fight another day :)

As for punching Commies, I thought your kind went in for shooting them?

derspiess

Only when things get escalated.  Hell, in calm times I don't even want to punch them. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 03:31:14 PM
Only when things get escalated.  Hell, in calm times I don't even want to punch them.

In any case, I don't agree with your equating of Commies and Nazis - not in general, but most definitely not in the current political context.

derspiess

Of course not-- the Commies aren't in power anymore :P

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on January 23, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
Live to fight commit assault another day :)

FTFY  :)

I must admit that i find it fascinating that so many can celebrate in people they share opinions with the very thing they bemoan in people with different opinions.

Smashing people in the face because you disagree with them is every bit as much a fascist move when done by leftists as when done by rightists.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 23, 2017, 03:34:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2017, 03:31:14 PM

In any case, I don't agree with your equating of Commies and Nazis - not in general, but most definitely not in the current political context.

And that's why your "it's okay to punch nazis" reasoning falls apart.  There are other groups that are just as deplorable as nazis.  It's very much up for debate who counts as a nazi (Richard Spencer rejects the label).  It quickly becomes "it's okay to punch people you strongly disagree with", which is hardly any way to run a society.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.