Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 21, 2017, 09:21:35 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2017, 08:29:25 AM

Well it would be awkward if the Russian army showed up.

Trump supporters are very dumb then. They should have got on the gravy train from Obama where you don't have to work.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Those "free" phones happen to be law.

And anyway, iI thought the whole movement was about the myth of lost jobs, not about the myth of people who won't get jobs.

Syt

You underestimate the vindictiveness of the working poor versus welfare recipients.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

No shit. I hung out with a few yesterday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I call bullshit.  You would never hang out with welfare recipients.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Oexmelin

Also, Trump referred to "freedom" only once, and liberty, zero. Funny, that.
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

Sorry, but that won't fly.  Donald Trump publicly declared that he already ended the carnage, so you don't need guns.... unless Trump lied, in which case the alt-right has a lot bigger problem than "liberals."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2017, 12:46:55 PM
No shit. I hung out with a few yesterday.
wellfare recipients?  Since working poor are supposed to be working for a living, I'm guessing it was wellfare recipients.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Aren't we due for a board upgrade, one where we can post direct video link with a [youtube] tag?

Anyway, I found this one yesterday night and it made me laugh:
https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/videos/10154967465176800/

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Camerus

There's some truth among the retardation in that Brendan O'Neil post.

viper37

Quote from: Camerus on January 21, 2017, 03:52:15 PM
There's some truth among the retardation in that Brendan O'Neil post.
people already have jobs.  More jobs were created under Obama than under GW Bush.  The economy is doing better.  If people are stupid enough to vote for people that destroy their education system and then find themselves underqualified for the jobs available, it's their own fault.

if they really were rightwingers, they would assume their own responsibility instead of constantly whining on the internet.  If they had spent has much time reasearching the facts than posting shit on the 'net, they might have jobs now.