And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2017, 09:04:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2017, 07:30:51 AM
That's because you teach at a hoity-toity private school. But handicapped students and negroes that wouldn't otherwise be allowed to go to school in some states like yours appreciate the Dept of Ed's enforcement of federal civil rights in ensuring legal access to public education for all.

I don't think DoEd has had to do a thing to "ensuring legal access to public education" in Virginia since it was formed.

The federal government has a role in education, for sure.  The sec of ed has almost nothing to do with that role, however, and the position only exists as a political sop.

I stand corrected; the US Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights has nothing to do with any of that, especially in nigger-hating Virginia.  Thanks, sailor! :yeah:

Admiral Yi

So that's why it's called India Pale Ale.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 19, 2017, 01:54:42 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 19, 2017, 01:28:59 PM
It's no longer in good enough shape for a decent photo, but a sticker on a telephone pole I pass on my commute made me think of derspiess, and is in the spirit of this thread. Nothing turns up on Google image search either, but it read:

CRAFT BEER IS WHITE SUPREMACY

:ph34r:

We already knew that, Miller White Life.

Admiral Yi

Come to think of it, I can't recall ever seeing a brother drinking a Sam Adams.  :hmm:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2017, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 19, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
Second this.  That was horrifying.  Basically she has spent much of her adult life figuring out ways to steer public money to religious schools, even if that means burning the system down.

How does steering public money to religious schools burn the system down?

Presumably because that public money no longer goes to the non-religious schools, causing them to catch fire? And because she apparently knows nothing about public schools so she'll be careless with the matches and gasoline out of ignorance?

mongers

Quote from: Zoupa on January 18, 2017, 03:59:08 PM
Lacroix, have you seen DeVos' hearing? It was sad, but mostly for the vast majority of middle class and poor folks that send their kids to public school. She had absolutely no idea what IDEA was for example. Not even a vague notion. She didn't know what it was. You're sabotaging your future. Maybe that's the GOP's point, I dunno.

Second this.  That was horrifying.  Basically she has spent much of her adult life figuring out ways to steer public money to religious schools, even if that means burning the system down.

So she's in favour of madrassas, as long as they don't contain Muslims.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

http://myrightamerica.com/obama-forces-us-intelligence-betray-trump/

QuoteExposed: Obama Forces US Intelligence To Betray Trump...Americans Are Furious!

Obama is hurting the US. He's a traitor. And it's not hyperbole this time.

(Bear with me, and be patient.)

Donald Trump has done more for Israel in the few weeks he's had before becoming president than Barack Obama has in eight solid years of ugly betrayal, scheming, and hidden anti-Semitism. Unfortunately, Obama isn't going out on a low note. And his last note is causing some real damage. And liberals, had they the capacity, should be ashamed.

Obama is undermining president-elect Trump's relationship with Israel, before Trump even takes office. And he's doing it with Israel.

The Israeli journalists at Ynet News have reported a meeting with American and Israeli intelligence operatives, to discuss one thing: if Trump is controlled by Russia, should the USA and Israel share intelligence?

Apparently...no. Not at all. If Trump is controlled by Russia, then surely Israeli intelligence would end up in Iranian hands...from Israel, to America, to Trump, to Russia, to Russia's ally, Iran. And that, for many obvious reasons, is a less than ideal situation.

From Ynet News: "According to the Israelis who were present in the meeting, the Americans recommended that until it is made clear that Trump is not inappropriately connected to Russia and is not being extorted – Israel should avoid revealing sensitive sources to administration officials for fear the information would reach the Iranians."

But the whole setup, mind you, depends on one thing – a link between Trump and Russia. More specifically, a level of control that Russia might have over Trump.

And, if you've been with us in earlier stories, you know the truth: there is no link. There's nothing but a trail that leads back to vindictive Democrats paying a British spy to dig up anything he could on Trump, even if it meant making it up.

Which means,  that Fake News and fake intel are being used to coerce American intelligence operatives to damage their relationship with Israel, right before president Trump takes his oath. Right before the man, praised by Netanyahu himself for his support of Israel, is in a position to support Israel with the full weight and power of the United States of America.

In short, right before Trump can help Israel, Obama has made it so that he can't. With lies, mind you, that undercut both the American presidency and aid to Israel.

It's simultaneously anti-Semitic and anti-American. Racist, and treasonous. That's got to be some kind of record.

And as repetitive as it now seems, Obama needs to go. Now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Wait... on the last day of Obama's presidency, the tinfoil hat brigade is arguing that he "must go?"   :huh:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on January 19, 2017, 02:54:37 PM
Wait... on the last day of Obama's presidency, the tinfoil hat brigade is arguing that he "must go?"   :huh:

Maybe they're worried he's not getting enough fiber.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Ask the Afghans and the Pakistanis :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

It doesn't follow out of necessity.  But it does as a matter of reality.  DeVos is not so much interested in charter schools as a mechanism for improving the quality of educational outcomes.  For people like her, the attraction is in part that charter schools can skirt around legal limitations on religious instruction.  But theultimate objective is to put in place full-scale voucher programs to allow parents to use public money to send kids to private religious schools.  That's why Michigan's seemingly failed experiment with unaccountable charter schools is not a bug, but a feature.  The policy has succeeded in damaging the public school system, which would otherwise be an unassailable bastion of Establishment Clause prohibition on religion in the schools.  Damage the system bad enough and you create a constituency and demand for washing one's hands of the existing system and putting full-scale voucher systems in place.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote"The church — which ought to be in our view far more central to the life of the community — has been displaced by the public school as the center for activity, the center for what goes on in the community," Dick DeVos says.

"It is certainly our hope that churches would continue, no matter what the environment — whether there's government funding some day through tax credits, or vouchers, or some other mechanism or whatever it may be — that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education," he said. "We just can think of no better way to rebuild our families and our communities."

When asked why they don't just spend their time — and money — funding Christian schools, Betsy DeVos said they want to reform the whole system to bring "greater Kingdom gain."

Speaks for itself.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

The "damage" you mention is, as far as I'm aware, removing less than a pro rata share of funding.  The only way that constitutes damage is if you acknowledge a de facto subsidy previously occuring, from the kids who have left to the ones who stay behind (no pun intended yuck yuck).

11B4V

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 19, 2017, 04:11:08 PM
Quote"The church — which ought to be in our view far more central to the life of the community — has been displaced by the public school as the center for activity, the center for what goes on in the community," Dick DeVos says.

"It is certainly our hope that churches would continue, no matter what the environment — whether there's government funding some day through tax credits, or vouchers, or some other mechanism or whatever it may be — that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education," he said. "We just can think of no better way to rebuild our families and our communities."

When asked why they don't just spend their time — and money — funding Christian schools, Betsy DeVos said they want to reform the whole system to bring "greater Kingdom gain."

Speaks for itself.

Fucking fuck :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".