News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

It is so ANNOYING when people ABUSE CAPITALIZATION to EMPHASIZE every fourth word.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2017, 07:30:51 AM
That's because you teach at a hoity-toity private school. But handicapped students and negroes that wouldn't otherwise be allowed to go to school in some states like yours appreciate the Dept of Ed's enforcement of federal civil rights in ensuring legal access to public education for all.

I don't think DoEd has had to do a thing to "ensuring legal access to public education" in Virginia since it was formed.

The federal government has a role in education, for sure.  The sec of ed has almost nothing to do with that role, however, and the position only exists as a political sop.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2017, 08:42:35 AM
It is so ANNOYING when people ABUSE CAPITALIZATION to EMPHASIZE every fourth FOURTH word.

FTFY
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Chances are you'll find Trump playing golf.  He does own a golf-club.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2017, 09:10:46 AM
Chances are you'll find Trump playing golf.  He does own a golf-club.

He'll be playing golf, but the press won't find him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Hey, remember when that governor disappeared for two weeks and was found with his mistress in Argentina? It'll be like that, except people will recognize Trump wherever he goes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
Hey, remember when that governor disappeared for two weeks and was found with his mistress in Argentina? It'll be like that, except people will recognize Trump wherever he goes.

Yep.  it led to the creation of the phrase "hiking the Appalachian Trail," which meant committing adultery. 

"What was president Clinton doing there with Monica Lewinsky?"

"Oh, he was hiking the Appalachian Trail."

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2017, 07:33:39 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 19, 2017, 07:25:31 AM
While that is probably to a certain degree true, during the election I did have the thought: "well, even if trump were to win, he will probably pick the standard republican cabinet secretaries and advisors, who may be able to keep him from getting too far off the rails."

Why the fuck would you think that?  What is with you fucking people?

What do you mean, you people???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1oGUaYCTf8
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
Mark Sanford.  Ruined his career and marriage for a relationship that didn't even work out in the end. :lol:

Then again, the people of SC elected that piece of shit back into the Congress, so I guess he didn't ruin his career after all. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zoupa on January 18, 2017, 03:59:08 PM
Lacroix, have you seen DeVos' hearing? It was sad, but mostly for the vast majority of middle class and poor folks that send their kids to public school. She had absolutely no idea what IDEA was for example. Not even a vague notion. She didn't know what it was. You're sabotaging your future. Maybe that's the GOP's point, I dunno.

Second this.  That was horrifying.  Basically she has spent much of her adult life figuring out ways to steer public money to religious schools, even if that means burning the system down.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 19, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
Second this.  That was horrifying.  Basically she has spent much of her adult life figuring out ways to steer public money to religious schools, even if that means burning the system down.

How does steering public money to religious schools burn the system down?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 19, 2017, 12:30:18 PM

I imagine who ever created that will be disappointed if there is no Muslim ban.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

It's no longer in good enough shape for a decent photo, but a sticker on a telephone pole I pass on my commute made me think of derspiess, and is in the spirit of this thread. Nothing turns up on Google image search either, but it read:

CRAFT BEER IS WHITE SUPREMACY
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 19, 2017, 01:28:59 PM
It's no longer in good enough shape for a decent photo, but a sticker on a telephone pole I pass on my commute made me think of derspiess, and is in the spirit of this thread. Nothing turns up on Google image search either, but it read:

CRAFT BEER IS WHITE SUPREMACY

:ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall