News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 18, 2017, 04:12:09 PMWe don't know with certainty using only the predicate of clincal narcissism.  Using other information we can quite easily determine that he has always been and always will be a douchebag.

I agree he's a douchebag

FunkMonk

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 04:13:15 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on January 18, 2017, 03:59:08 PM
Every action he's taken so far during the transition period is bad for your country. There's no way to sugar coat it or interpret it differently. Maybe Mattis might be ok. The rest of his picks, if they really implement what they've said in the past, and according to the confirmation hearings, are going to be really, really bad.

Lacroix, have you seen DeVos' hearing? It was sad, but mostly for the vast majority of middle class and poor folks that send their kids to public school. She had absolutely no idea what IDEA was for example. Not even a vague notion. She didn't know what it was. You're sabotaging your future. Maybe that's the GOP's point, I dunno.

I've read up on devos and got a gist of what she knows. if she and most of the other cabinet picks bumble their way through the next four years, then so be it. the US will survive it

I tend to agree with this. I'd like to believe that even with giant morons in charge of Education and HUD, the civil service will still be there to make sure things actually run somewhat competently, despite the lack of real leadership.

But it is lost time and money that could have been spent actually making American schools and low-income housing, you know, better.  Make better picks you fucking rube.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2017, 03:53:22 PMI'm saying that you are making up shit about narcissism, hoping that no one will notice how you are using red herrings to rationalize trump's behavior, and then changing tack when your first bogus diagnosis is exposed as bogus.  Trump is a classic narcissist.  There isn't some secret type of classic narcissist that would actually make a great president.  Some narcissism is present in many presidents, but Trump is the first pathological narcissist to see the Oval office.

I took everything I've said about narcissism from a psychologist. I don't make shit up on internet forums, and I don't see why anyone would. to do so would be pretty weird AF (edit - except for entertainment value like pure shitposting on image boards.)

Quote from: Admiral YiWhat you've been trying to say all along is "since we don't know why type of narcissist he is, we can't conclude from just his narcissism that he will be an utter douchebag."

basically -- we don't know with certainty, though I think trump's narcissism would probably fall under narcissistic traits. I doubt he's full-blown NPD for the reason explained in my earlier post.

If this "psychologist" is the one who told you that Trump probably isn't a pathological narcissist because he isn't broke, she or he is a pretty shitty psychologist.  Especially if she or he told you that Trump was a "type 2" narcissist, since those don't exist.

The evidence we have strongly indicates that trump is a full-blown pathological narcissist.  I understand your desire to try to convince us that, if we only ignore all of the evidence, we can believe that it is possible that Trump isn't a pathological narcissist but simply a person who acts like one, but you aren't at all convincing.  In fact, you sound just like someone who is making up definitions as you go along.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

I'm confused what shitty sparkling water's skin in the game is in his trump love.  :huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2017, 05:56:56 PM
I'm confused what shitty sparkling water's skin in the game is in his trump love.  :huh:

You're not the only one who's confused. :unsure:

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 18, 2017, 05:59:58 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2017, 05:56:56 PM

You're not the only one who's confused. :unsure:
now you know how rest of us feel!!!1
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

LaCroix

Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2017, 05:24:00 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2017, 03:53:22 PMI'm saying that you are making up shit about narcissism, hoping that no one will notice how you are using red herrings to rationalize trump's behavior, and then changing tack when your first bogus diagnosis is exposed as bogus.  Trump is a classic narcissist.  There isn't some secret type of classic narcissist that would actually make a great president.  Some narcissism is present in many presidents, but Trump is the first pathological narcissist to see the Oval office.

I took everything I've said about narcissism from a psychologist. I don't make shit up on internet forums, and I don't see why anyone would. to do so would be pretty weird AF (edit - except for entertainment value like pure shitposting on image boards.)

Quote from: Admiral YiWhat you've been trying to say all along is "since we don't know why type of narcissist he is, we can't conclude from just his narcissism that he will be an utter douchebag."

basically -- we don't know with certainty, though I think trump's narcissism would probably fall under narcissistic traits. I doubt he's full-blown NPD for the reason explained in my earlier post.

If this "psychologist" is the one who told you that Trump probably isn't a pathological narcissist because he isn't broke, she or he is a pretty shitty psychologist.  Especially if she or he told you that Trump was a "type 2" narcissist, since those don't exist.

The evidence we have strongly indicates that trump is a full-blown pathological narcissist.  I understand your desire to try to convince us that, if we only ignore all of the evidence, we can believe that it is possible that Trump isn't a pathological narcissist but simply a person who acts like one, but you aren't at all convincing.  In fact, you sound just like someone who is making up definitions as you go along.

no, that was mine. I even basically said so in my responses to yi. if I was trying to say some psychologist diagnosed trump, I'd have said so. instead, I said "given [xxx], I doubt he's full-blown NPD." the non-analysis relating to trump was from the psychologist. "type 2" was my somewhat faulty recollection -- I knew it was basically 1-3, and the one I meant was #2.

I don't see the pervasive and significant disruptions to warrant full-blown NPD, but we don't know all the facts of trump's life, and I'm not a psychologist. so, it is possible.

LaCroix

I don't love trump. I respond to posts that seem questionable. debates can be fun.  :)

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 06:28:24 PM
I don't see the pervasive and significant disruptions to warrant full-blown NPD...

You are looking at them, you just don't want to see them.  His constant tweets about himself, his obsession over the issue of how big his hands are, his constant personal attacks on everyone who he thinks disagrees with him or disrespects him, his childish insistence on sharing with Howard Stern the numbers of "beautiful women" he has had sex with, his bragging about how his sexy power means that he can "grab 'em by the pussy" and get away with it, his near-universal refusal to pay his partners and contractors what they are owed, his hundreds of lawsuits over imaginary stuff like the conspiracy to fly airliners over his property... it's all there, in plain sight.  You just can't see it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

CountDeMoney

The guy's such a textbook case he's fucking boring, people.  Hannibal Lecter would call him garden-variety and tedious, very tedious.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2017, 10:03:52 PM
The guy's such a textbook case he's fucking boring, people.  Hannibal Lecter would call him garden-variety and tedious, very tedious.

To be fair, HL would say that about you and I, as well.

Enjoy your Trump while you have him.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2017, 10:06:12 PM

Well yeah, but he does it with style and panache.

QuoteEnjoy your Trump while you have him.

We're all going to die.  And not with style and panache.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2017, 10:16:57 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2017, 10:06:12 PM

Well yeah, but he does it with style and panache.

QuoteEnjoy your Trump while you have him.

We're all going to die.  And not with style and panache.

Well there is still time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.