Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 18, 2017, 11:20:37 AMYeah that's berkut - always hesitant to express his own opinion, waiting to hear what the crowd says.  :huh:

I don't see how you inferred that from my post

You did kind of imply Berkut was brainwashed by our anti-Trumpism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 18, 2017, 11:22:59 AMSo where does the truth lie?  Where is the real Donald Trump?  And does it matter whether such a thing exists when he appears content to play his TV persona throughout?

The evidence of our senses strongly suggests there's no there there.

I think we'll find out over the next four years

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 11:26:20 AM
I think we'll find out over the next four years

If the previous 30 years didn't mean anything I don't see why the next four will.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2017, 11:24:11 AMYou did kind of imply Berkut was brainwashed by our anti-Trumpism.

"brainwash" is pretty strong. it's a natural thing for beliefs to be influenced by things you read. but, minsky is suggesting I said something entirely different than that

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2017, 11:26:48 AMIf the previous 30 years didn't mean anything I don't see why the next four will.

some things about trump are known, like his narcissism. how exactly that will play out during his presidency is unknown.

Oexmelin

Clearly, for reasons unknown, you are much more reassured about the transition phase than I.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Minsky Moment

So basically for Lacroix, the Trump presidency is about hope and change?  ;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

Yeah, but true to Trump's personality. Hope and Change for himself.
Que le grand cric me croque !

LaCroix

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 18, 2017, 11:38:01 AM
Yeah, but true to Trump's personality. Hope and Change for himself.

one can be narcissistic yet try to do good for others. iirc, it's type 2 narcissism.

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 18, 2017, 11:35:10 AM
So basically for Lacroix, the Trump presidency is about hope and change?  ;)

If you are not on the side of the Rothschild-Rockefeller coalition, of course it does.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 11:41:07 AM
one can be narcissistic yet try to do good for others. iirc, it's type 2 narcissism.

I think that you are making this up as you go along.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 11:41:07 AM

Is there any evidence that Trump has ever exhibited that kind of narcissism, as opposed to the grossly self-serving one?

Valmy

Not when he destroyed the USFL that is for sure  :mad:

LaCroix

depends. a person with type 2 can violate his own self-described moral ethics and moral compass through rationalization. he can lie, have affairs, etc., by justifying his actions and behaviors.

and, I checked again, and it's not "type 2 narcissism," it's narcissism traits. "narcissism" can be (1) narcissistic features, (2) narcissistic traits, or (3) full-blown narcissistic personality disorder. that's what I meant by type 2, the second one. it can involve an egocentric focus -- taking one's own opinion and belief system and using it as his norm instead of potentially listening to the advice/recommendations of others.

full-blown NPD means the narcissism causes pervasive and significant disruptions in one's life. given trump's successful business relationships and his ability to successfully navigate through social situations, among other things, I doubt he's full-blown NPD.