News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Didn't read carefully enough. /shrug

It's a pretty dumb joke anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Shared, a post my oldest sister (the one with the gay kids) shared by "Anti Corporate Media":
https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/

QuoteI have had it with the political correctness. We all need to UNITE as ONE and stand up for Jesus. Jesus told us in Matthew 13:24-25 "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away." Jesus explained the parable in Matthew 13:37-39 "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil." Now we are full of weeds and everyone is asleep, not even aware of what is going on. I don't care if people have other religions or don't believe in God. I don't care what color your skin is. I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican. I don't care what part of the world you were born in or where you live. It's time we stand up for our Lord, instead of laying down with our eyes closed! The victory is not over with Trump's win. It is only the beginning. We as Americans and Christians need to be aware of the secret war that is being waged upon us and take a wrecking ball to the spirit of political correctness. It's time we Take America Back Again! In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Accompanied by this video: https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/videos/1848895875367839/ "Soros's Formula for Killing America: A Brief Guide (c)The American Association of Evangelicals"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

CountDeMoney

She's going to wind up as an episode of Dateline.

The Larch

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM
Shared, a post my oldest sister (the one with the gay kids) shared by "Anti Corporate Media":
https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/

QuoteI have had it with the political correctness. We all need to UNITE as ONE and stand up for Jesus. Jesus told us in Matthew 13:24-25 "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away." Jesus explained the parable in Matthew 13:37-39 "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil." Now we are full of weeds and everyone is asleep, not even aware of what is going on. I don't care if people have other religions or don't believe in God. I don't care what color your skin is. I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican. I don't care what part of the world you were born in or where you live. It's time we stand up for our Lord, instead of laying down with our eyes closed! The victory is not over with Trump's win. It is only the beginning. We as Americans and Christians need to be aware of the secret war that is being waged upon us and take a wrecking ball to the spirit of political correctness. It's time we Take America Back Again! In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Accompanied by this video: https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/videos/1848895875367839/ "Soros's Formula for Killing America: A Brief Guide (c)The American Association of Evangelicals"

People of other religions and/or who don't believe in God should "stand up for our Lord"? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM
QuoteNow we are full of weeds and everyone is asleep, not even aware of what is going on. I don't care if people have other religions or don't believe in God. I don't care what color your skin is. I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican. I don't care what part of the world you were born in or where you live. It's time we stand up for our Lord, instead of laying down with our eyes closed! The victory is not over with Trump's win. It is only the beginning. We as Americans and Christians need to be aware of the secret war that is being waged upon us and take a wrecking ball to the spirit of political correctness. It's time we Take America Back Again! In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Join a struggle where I am both unsure about what it is we are fighting for and against? What does taking a wrecking ball to political correctness even mean? America's greatness depends on our acceptance of calling people racial slurs? Huh?

See this is when I just figure we are speaking different languages here. If they are worried about George Soros he will is almost 90 years old so I think we will cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 09:42:47 AMWhat does taking a wrecking ball to political correctness even mean?

It mostly means people want to call gays fags, blacks niggers, and Jews kikes without a care in the world, I presume.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2017, 09:48:19 AM
It mostly means people want to call gays fags, blacks niggers, and Jews kikes without a care in the world, I presume.

Yeah I don't understand what that gets us :P

Especially in the context of the parable being mentioned with contrasts a spiritual life with being corrupted by the pursuit of wealth and worldliness. What does that have to do with Political Correctness?

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2017, 09:48:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 09:42:47 AMWhat does taking a wrecking ball to political correctness even mean?

No, that isn't what it means at all, actually.

It means we should stop creating "safe spaces" in schools which amount to denying free speech in the interest of avoiding hurting anyones feelings.

It means we should stop demanding that people only talk about things that the tolerance mafia has deemed acceptable.

Now, of course it is the case that those who do want to use racial slurs are going to march into the opening that the dumbfuck left has left open for them by insisting on all this stupidly over the top political correctness, and leverage it, which does kind of suck. But that is 100% predictable, so at least some of the fault for it lies with the left for allowing it to happen, and then acting surprised when the dumbasses on the other side take advantage of it.

Dismissing all of this as "people want to be racists" is what got Donald Trump elected.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

In this specific case though, they do just want to be racist.

Valmy

Well it is why I asked the question.

The 'safe space' thing seems to be almost universally mocked and derided and seems limited to radical college students.

I look around the internet and the media and I see many discussions taking place without regard for what the tolerance mafia have to say.

But I live in Texas so the stupidity of the left sometimes seems like a distant thing to me. I imagine if I lived in Berkeley I would feel a bit differently.