Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Trump voters really shouldn't be throwing around the word "Traitor" right now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on December 29, 2016, 08:57:10 AM
Trump voters really shouldn't be throwing around the word "Traitor" right now.

I'll give Hitler one thing over Trump, he fought in the war, unlike Trump who avoided America's war in Vietnam.

Then again, Hitler actually fought for a foreign country in WW1 rather than his own, so perhaps he and Trump aren't as dissimilar as I thought.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Saw this one yesterday and figured it's right up Languish's alley:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Llooks like the team portrait for the 3-time state champion Drinkin' Knuckledraggers, Domestic Violence HS, Class of '89.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2016, 10:39:34 AM
Llooks like the team portrait for the 3-time state champion Drinkin' Knuckledraggers, Domestic Violence HS, Class of '89.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Then maybe they should occasionally shave.  Can't do anything about the partially completed tribal tattoos on their biceps ("I didn't do the rest underneath my arm because I ran out of money", yeah right), but they can at least shave.

Razgovory

They'll be much happier without their Union.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Whose fault is it if young people are coddled?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 29, 2016, 03:29:56 PM
Whose fault is it if young people are coddled?

Not mine.  No participation trophies allowed in my house :contract:

FunkMonk

Nostalgia for the 70s and 80s is a helluva drug.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2016, 07:16:46 AM

Uhm, actually, if you're an American citizen and you're putting Israel's interests ahead of those of the US, that's, well, not quite treason, but damn close.