Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I'm surprised any American is still going to work. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2016, 05:03:08 PM
I'm surprised any American is still going to work. :P

I just show up to surf languish.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on December 27, 2016, 05:08:14 PM
How do I get on that gravy train?  :hmm:

You need to talk to my sister. The one who has relied a fair share on welfare and charity herself. To the point, as my other sister explained, that they were referred from one church charity to another because she and her family kept draining resources.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Production workers don't live in condos.  :huh:

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2016, 05:20:21 PM
You need to talk to my sister. The one who has relied a fair share on welfare and charity herself. To the point, as my other sister explained, that they were referred from one church charity to another because she and her family kept draining resources.

I suppose it is a consistent message, at least.  She despises other welfare recipients for draining resources that could go to her.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

He visits his doctor regularly? Medicaid must be vastly better than my insurance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 27, 2016, 07:11:22 PM
He visits his doctor regularly? Medicaid must be vastly better than my insurance.

Stage II diabetus from too many food stamp ice cream bars.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 27, 2016, 07:11:22 PM

IR is a pretty damn good insurance. Know a guy on it. They pay for everything, only time Medicaid balks is when a new expensive medication is proscribed. Get surgery? No problem.

May be different in other states however. Ohio's is a pretty sweet deal.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Clearly, welfare is too generous in the US.  :rolleyes:

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

That reminds me of my political conversations with my sister.  I will constantly be cornered with statements I have to agree with.  Statements that are neither here nor there and completely irrelevant, but the connotation is that once I agree with them I concede a major point.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on December 28, 2016, 11:23:14 AM
That reminds me of my political conversations with my sister.  I will constantly be cornered with statements I have to agree with.  Statements that are neither here nor there and completely irrelevant, but the connotation is that once I agree with them I concede a major point.

So that's where your posting style came from.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2016, 11:03:22 AM

WTF  :lol:  See, that's what a generation of indoctrination accomplished.

Valmy

Well if they want to cancel all welfare they are welcome to do so. Nobody can stop them now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 28, 2016, 02:14:21 PM

Well if they want to cancel all welfare they are welcome to do so. Nobody can stop them now.

Yes, because there's so much of it.