News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Free trade and capitalism were now invented by progressive radical liberals. Amazing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 03:49:51 PM
Free trade and capitalism were now invented by progressive radical liberals. Amazing.

Guys like Adam Smith were the progressive liberals of their day. Not sure if radical could accurately apply.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 16, 2016, 03:59:45 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 03:49:51 PM

Guys like Adam Smith were the progressive liberals of their day. Not sure if radical could accurately apply.

Thanks? I am concerned that now free trade is considered a left wing idea, which it most certainly is not.

Why are you bringing up this point? I am well aware of 18th century liberalism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2016, 03:39:13 PM

I like the fact that they don't actually deny that they are a racist or xenophobic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 04:21:07 PM

Thanks? I am concerned that now free trade is considered a left wing idea, which it most certainly is not.

Why are you bringing up this point? I am well aware of 18th century liberalism.

My first response is that I'm a languishite, and thus a pedantic asshole by nature, especially regarding history topics. :(

My second response is that free trade seems to have little support these days, so the right assigns the position to the left, and the left assigns it to the right. Partisan stupidity triumphs over all.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 04:21:07 PM
I am well aware of 18th century liberalism.

What are your thoughts on Anders Chydenius? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

http://prntly.com/2016/12/15/breaking-sheriff-joes-last-stand-obama-birth-certificate-bombshell-exposed-on-live-tv/

QuoteBREAKING: Sheriff Joe's last stand: Obama Birth Certificate BOMBSHELL exposed on live TV

Share this story the media does not want you reading

Sheriff Joe may be down, but he's not out, and he's ending 2016 with a Barack Obama birth Certification explosion.

It could be over.

Because now there's a news conference scheduled on Thursday about an official law enforcement investigation into the validity of the document he presented to the nation in a press conference at the White House.

Investigations already were done, lawsuits were filed, the Supreme Court was lobbied but skeptics of Obama's constitutional eligibility repeatedly were stymied by federal judges and officials, who said, effectively, "There will be no discussion about this."

The issue is that the U.S. Constitution requires the president to be a "natural-born citizen" but does not define the term. Scholarly works cited by the Founders defined it as a citizen at birth, born in the country to two citizens of the country, or merely the offspring of two citizens of the country.

The birth certificate Obama displayed on the White House website as "proof positive" of his eligibility states he was born in Hawaii to an American mother and a Kenyan father.

Some immediately pointed out alleged anomalies, questioning its validity, while others argued it also could prove his ineligibility because his father was not a citizen. Some of the lawsuits argued Obama was a dual citizen at birth through his father, contending the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born citizens.

Eventually, just as the No. 1 bestseller "Where's The Birth Certificate?" was combining with a challenge from billionaire businessman Donald Trump to force Obama's hand, Obama held a White House news conference to release a copy of his birth certificate.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/final-showdown-sheriff-joe-slaps-obama-with-new-birth-certificate-bombshell/#fCDBJKbmi6KGUhXd.99

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10Phoenix/videos/1210716885643523/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Wow, this changes everything!  Obama will be out of office by February!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

I don't get this. You are either a citizen at birth or you are naturalized. Where is this 'you cannot be a citizen unless both of your parents are citizens' coming from? Do they mean the Athenian Constitution or the American one?

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2016, 01:00:22 AM
I don't get this. You are either a citizen at birth or you are naturalized. Where is this 'you cannot be a citizen unless both of your parents are citizens' coming from? Do they mean the Athenian Constitution or the American one?

Funnily enough, it would also mean that the kids of my sister who posted this wouldn't be citizens, as she never naturalized.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2016, 01:14:31 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 18, 2016, 01:00:22 AM

Funnily enough, it would also mean that the kids of my sister who posted this wouldn't be citizens, as she never naturalized.

It would probably disenfranchise half the country.  Before 1919 immigrant women rarely naturalized.  If you had one ancestor who didn't naturalize before they had children it would cause you not to be a citizen.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Which voting machines were suspected of fraud? How does a private citizen own them? I mean he certainly does not own smartmatic. And why does this invalidate the intelligence provided by the FBI and CIA?

Also 25 million dollars is not just a ton of money.