Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2016, 03:02:06 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 05, 2016, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 05, 2016, 02:11:07 PM
Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

What is a grass in English slang?
The use of "grass" as British slang for a police informer dates back to the 1930s, and is apparently a short form of the slang term "grasshopper," meaning the same thing.

ok...   :huh:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on December 05, 2016, 03:52:01 PM
Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

The use of "grass" as British slang for a police informer dates back to the 1930s, and is apparently a short form of the slang term "grasshopper," meaning the same thing.

It's also a verb, as in to grass someone up.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

This isn't some secret code, dear.

Callum is traveling on the Thameslink which is a train service. Callum bought a 1st class ticket*. Callum has tweeted to the train company about how people who didn't purchase 1st class train tickets are sitting in 1st class seats.

*well I'm assuming that. I guess Callum could just be standing near the 1st class seats. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Garb has gone madonna on us. Such a cliche :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2016, 04:12:57 PM
Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

Callum is traveling on the Thameslink which is a train service. Callum bought a 1st class ticket*. Callum has tweeted to the train company about how people who didn't purchase 1st class train tickets are sitting in 1st class seats.

*well I'm assuming that. I guess Callum could just be standing near the 1st class seats. -_-

That all seems completely obvious.

I still don't get why Callum tweeting this is remotely interesting to anyone...are we supposed to be mad at Callum?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

tattling is OK if the reported behavior had negatively affected you, so maybe Callum of England was bothered by the working class around him.  :hmm:  we just don't know

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2016, 04:26:09 PM
Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

That all seems completely obvious.

I still don't get why Callum tweeting this is remotely interesting to anyone...are we supposed to be mad at Callum?

I didn't think it would be incomprehensible.

And nah more like oh my what a douche.  :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Ok, he is kind of a douche.

It just isn't very noteworthy douchiness.

It;s like someone telling a joke, and you get the joke, but you think maybe you don't because it isn't really funny at all, hence why did this person even bother telling it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

I feel bad for Callum.  He paid extra for that first class seat and freeloaders are getting the same privilege by paying less.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

I am sorry, but you can either be mad at the expensive train ticket prices, or be ok with people cheating with their train tickets. The two together does not work.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2016, 08:14:30 AM
I am sorry, but you can either be mad at the expensive train ticket prices, or be ok with people cheating with their train tickets. The two together does not work.

:huh:

viper37

Yes, but I thought there would be some secret meaning there.  A rich person complaining poor people are invading his private party is not unheard of, in face, it's quite frequent, just as tv/movie stars doing their divas about 1st class plane tickets that should be paid by the government or complaining their dog isn't allowed to sit in 1st class beside them.

I just thought there would be something more profound, more unique to that tweet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

agree, garbon please only post itt profound, unique images

garbon

Syt

It was bound to happen. My middle sister unironically shared a Milo post. :bleeding:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.