Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Good job. They picked someone who was punished for his lying...:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

garbon

I'm pointing out that the meme is silly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2016, 03:27:16 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on December 04, 2016, 01:24:56 PM
yeah, the protestors don't have a legitimate argument, except for their broad anger toward anything oil/perceivedly unfair towards the natives. but they've been mostly fine and non-violent. they've been protesting where I work a few times, and they seem like good folk. the locals' reaction and distrust/hate for them is standard rural people disliking foreigners, focusing on some isolated incidences of vandalism. will be interesting to see how many stay and for how long.

Well the pipeline is now going to be rerouted.

CNN talks about the "Army Corp of Engineers." Has the spelling of corps changed when I wasn't looking? Or is Trump already privatizing parts of the military? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2016, 03:27:16 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on December 04, 2016, 01:24:56 PM
yeah, the protestors don't have a legitimate argument, except for their broad anger toward anything oil/perceivedly unfair towards the natives. but they've been mostly fine and non-violent. they've been protesting where I work a few times, and they seem like good folk. the locals' reaction and distrust/hate for them is standard rural people disliking foreigners, focusing on some isolated incidences of vandalism. will be interesting to see how many stay and for how long.

Well the pipeline is now going to be rerouted.

yeah, it's pretty funny. I'm kinda hoping trump doesn't reverse the decision, because the outrage so far has been great

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2016, 04:10:49 AM
CNN talks about the "Army Corp of Engineers." Has the spelling of corps changed when I wasn't looking? Or is Trump already privatizing parts of the military? :unsure:

Lol Cannibal Corpse of Engineering

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Yeah, thanks guys.  That really cleared it up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

I too am confused and angered by your explanation
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on December 05, 2016, 03:05:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2016, 03:02:06 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 05, 2016, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 05, 2016, 02:11:07 PM
Don't get it.
You don't?

Well, me neither...

He's a grass.

Well that marks him out as one of the less offensive people on Twitter.  :P

Maybe. But the whole 'get these peasants away from me' angle isn't so lovely.