Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Yeah how dare people get publicity for their struggle
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2016, 08:50:03 PM

I think it's directed at all the hippie blancos showing up to fight the man.

Grinning_Colossus

The more hippie blancos who show up--no matter what their angle--the better, though. Big crowds attract cameras. Plus, while 'Government Oppresses Indians' is a dog-bites-man story, a police APC running over a bunch of upper-middle-class should-be-in-college kids is something else.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ed Anger

I wish my cousin got water cannoned up there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2016, 08:59:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2016, 08:50:03 PM

I think it's directed at all the hippie blancos showing up to fight the man.

I get it but generally you don't start turning on the other revolutionaries quite yet :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 03, 2016, 09:05:38 PM
The more hippie blancos who show up--no matter what their angle--the better, though. Big crowds attract cameras. Plus, while 'Government Oppresses Indians' is a dog-bites-man story, a police APC running over a bunch of upper-middle-class should-be-in-college kids is something else.

True.  Nobody gives a shit about a dead Indian.  Now, a dead coed from Swarthmore...that matters.

Berkut

But the dead coed doesn't care about Indians either.

The Native Americans are being used by the enviro-radicals. They don't care about native American lands, they just want to stop the pipeline, no matter where it runs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2016, 10:31:13 PM

The Native Americans are being used by the enviro-radicals. They don't care about native American lands, they just want to stop the pipeline, no matter where it runs.

You sound like an Eli Roth movie.

I'm sure if came down to cynical help and no help at all, the Native Americans appreciate the extra help.  It's not like they have a that much of a win record when it comes to home games. 

Valmy

I am perfectly fine with being used to achieve aims I am already fighting for. I presume any normal sane person would be.

But lots of leftists love the Native Americans for their own sake. Talk about a harmless group to champion.

Ed Anger

I noticed the crackdown stopped when the bad weather hit. All the cops were in the nearest Tim Horton's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2016, 10:55:41 PM
I noticed the crackdown stopped when the bad weather hit. All the cops were in the nearest Tim Horton's.

There is a Venn relationship between weather conditions, overtime and "Oh, this is bullshit."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2016, 10:53:10 PM

I am perfectly fine with being used to achieve aims I am already fighting for. I presume any normal sane person would be.

But lots of leftists love the Native Americans for their own sake. Talk about a harmless group to champion.

I don't doubt it, but I am simply pointing out that its not like this is about Native American lands at all for most of these people.

They are a convenient tool. If the pipeline ran somewhere else, they would find some other reason to oppose it, or some other Indians to claim it is stepping on them.

I am skeptical of the entire thing, to be honest. The claims of the Native Americans seem pretty thin. They want to protect their water? Huh? There is zero evidence that the pipeline has some kind of risk to water supplies - there are several OTHER pipelines that already run under the Missouri River for example.

I do think the company did the typical corporate token respect for the laws around consultation, and tried to just slide this through without really talking to the people involved, and greasing the political wheels. So I don't actually have much sympathy for them anyway.

But I find the bulk of the  opposition to it to be basically dishonest. Their real position is just luddite - no oil! Don't build any pipeline, that way the oil won't get pumped because OIL IS BAD! It's silly. A pipeline is much safer than the alternatives.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2016, 11:01:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2016, 10:55:41 PM

There is a Venn relationship between weather conditions, overtime and "Oh, this is bullshit."

The 27 Highway patrolmen Kasich sent went OH SHIT and never left their motel rooms.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?