News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 01, 2016, 06:53:10 AM

This photo seems to have triggered French leftists.

Everyone please note the ratio of two-button and three-button suits. :contract:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

One of my cousins posted an online petition to Prosecute ND Sheriff For DAPL Violence!

I don't know enough about the issues to know if what he has done warrants prosecution; but I have my doubts that a society where the DA decides who to prosecute based on an online petition would be a very good one.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Phillip V

Quote from: viper37 on December 01, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2016, 11:35:40 AM
Hear this? Drop out of college and increase your chances to become a billionaire!

Once you eliminate those who inherited their fortune, how low does that figure drop to? ;)

It would increase.  Rich people's children go to college and have a good time.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Yes I have long heard of the atrocity of eating yogurt. Pretty derivative as this crime against humanity outrage was around academic circles decades ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I see Ed's dealing with the quarterly dairy futures again.  Moo.  Squee.

LaCroix

Quote from: Savonarola on December 02, 2016, 09:54:25 AM
One of my cousins posted an online petition to Prosecute ND Sheriff For DAPL Violence!

I don't know enough about the issues to know if what he has done warrants prosecution; but I have my doubts that a society where the DA decides who to prosecute based on an online petition would be a very good one.

the attorney who won the oakland police brutality case (guy hit by a gas canister) is on the case here, though I don't know whether she has a legitimate argument. I do know the locals here really dislike the protestors, and the governor just recently used his emergency powers during a recent blizzard to limit the protestors' ability to use state resources to stay safe.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on December 02, 2016, 04:21:33 PM
I do know the locals here really dislike the protestors, and the governor just recently used his emergency powers during a recent blizzard to limit the protestors' ability to use state resources to stay safe.

Damn.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Actually there is something that really annoys me about those kinds of 'our culture is EVILLLL' studies is their over-reliance on marketing and advertising campaigns and schemes as things that speak for and define our culture. I mean fuck are advertising and marketing companies aware they are culture defining institutions?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 02:15:50 PM
Yes I have long heard of the atrocity of eating yogurt. Pretty derivative as this crime against humanity outrage was around academic circles decades ago.

I agree; yogurt is a crime against humanity.

Unless it's frozen, in which case it's just inferior ice cream.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

He will ascend to the heavens
Above the stars of God

Welcome Year Zero! :punk:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.