News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

This last meme isn't very controversial, is it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2016, 07:10:26 AM

Only if you're into "A Hard Man Is Good To Find" homo t-shirt logos.  Don't forget your cutoff jeans and socks with your Dr. Martens, Suzie.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2016, 07:49:08 AM

Only if you're into "A Hard Man Is Good To Find" homo t-shirt logos.  Don't forget your cutoff jeans and socks with your Dr. Martens, Suzie.

That's moronic. What the meme basically describes is the theory of cyclical nature of history - it's one that has been dominant for most of the human history and only recently it has been replaced by one that claims a continuous progress.

Personally I think it's a mix - it's more like going up a mountain on a winding path - you tend to pass through the same area in cycles, but every time you do you are on a higher level, so to speak.

You guys really need to stop reading the "hidden patriarchal message" into everything.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2016, 07:52:47 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2016, 07:49:08 AM

That's moronic. What the meme basically describes is the theory of cyclical nature of history - it's one that has been dominant for most of the human history and only recently it has been replaced by one that claims a continuous progress.

Personally I think it's a mix - it's more like going up a mountain on a winding path - you tend to pass through the same area in cycles, but every time you do you are on a higher level, so to speak.

You guys really need to stop reading the "hidden patriarchal message" into everything.

And you forgot to look up as the sexual joke flew past you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

DGuller

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2016, 07:56:25 AM

You get me, g.  I take comfort in that.  :hug:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2016, 07:56:25 AM

You get me, g.  I take comfort in that.  :hug:

I was reminded of: "A good man is hard to find but a hard man is good to find."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Hey you were then one who turned down my offer to be New York roomies in an apartment the size of a closet. :P

celedhring

CountDeMoney

And this is why, no, we don't merge threads. 

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Not used in-your-face ironically enough. Homo.