Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2016, 09:54:18 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 22, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 09:34:05 AM
just as the "left" is wearing Che t-shirts and praising Fidel Castro.

Oh no, those are just harmless, lovable, well-meaning folks.  Nothing to see there.

Uh oh, derspiess gets triggered, transforms into Moe Greene
MOE SMASH! MOE STRAIGHTENS OUT FREDO!

You on your cigarette break?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Coffee break.  With my "Vivá Ché..con Leche!" mug.

Grey Fox

Is Amerikkka back to a Commie vs Fascist fight?

I'm excited!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 22, 2016, 10:10:43 AM

I'm excited!

It's back to a Dumb vs Dumber fight. And it's hard to say which is which.

CountDeMoney

I'm excited!

derspiess has a problem with certain Coobans and Thee Cooban Revolution.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 10:17:35 AM

I'm excited!

It's back to a Dumb vs Dumber fight. And it's hard to say which is which.

Really? The Polish fake lawyer is going to start shit?

Martinus

Incidentally, in relation to my discussion about this meme with Indiana Jones, I have just been accused of "gaslighting, which is an abusive behaviour".

Can any of you precious snowflakes explain to me what the fuck this means?

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 12:28:48 PM
Incidentally, in relation to my discussion about this meme with Indiana Jones, I have just been accused of "gaslighting, which is an abusive behaviour".

You have google. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

It's trying to manipulate someone into questioning their own memory or perception of what is going on.

It's a real thing, often seen in abusive relationships ('he only hits me because he loves me too much'), but of course has become trendy in certain online circles where it us used to end debate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 22, 2016, 12:32:03 PM

You have google. :)

I used google. How does this work in an online debate between people who do not know each other? :P

Martinus

To be honest, I am really getting tired of all the arguments I have been having with people over Trump and the whole thing surrounding this. I feel there are things one side gets right and things the other side gets right. But people are so bristly about this.

Admittedly, the left has been more bristly lately than the right, but then again it could be explained by the right being more relaxed in their recent victory.

I think I should go back to making fun of both sides rather than trying to convince anyone why they are wrong. :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 08:36:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2016, 08:15:50 AM
I'm happy with it.  There was a time in this country were beating Nazis was a virtue.

You sound exactly like the leftists on my Facebook. I guess pointing out that this was the case when the US was at war with the Nazis and Nazis were committing genocide, as opposed to the situation where you are calling "Nazi" a fellow citizen who voted for a candidate you dislike and who so far has not done - nor promise to do - anything Nazi-like, fell on deaf ears there so I do not suppose it would go through to your dumb skull.

Gosh you mean accusing your opponents of being Nazis is stupid and hyperbolic? Well thank you for this brand new fucking exciting information. Where were you in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and last decade the last million times this happened?

It was just a few years ago right wing people were parading around UT campus and handed me a flyer explaining that Obama was trying to become a fascist dictator and was engaging in the biggest genocide in history. I made a joke here about how unlucky the US is because every single President we elect is Hitler. And I don't recall you flipping the fuck out over 'Hitlery'. Remember the Bush=Hilter jokes we were making when he was President? Do you know why we did that? Because this happens all the time constantly.

You wanted him to be President, being called Hitler is part of the gig.

Or, you know, Canadian Prime Minister.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 12:39:16 PM

I think I should go back to making fun of both sides rather than trying to convince anyone why they are wrong. :P

You are never going to convince everybody of something. You might convince a few people of something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 09:34:05 AM
The "alt right" does that just as the "left" is wearing Che t-shirts and praising Fidel Castro. You are judging the whole group by stupid actions of a fringe.

The "alt right" is the fringe.  There are no moderates, just like there are no moderate Hezbollah.  As it happens the guy giving the Nazi salute was Spencer one of the founders.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017