Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 09:29:09 AM
The first time I post something about my professional life on social media will be the day after my lobotomy.
I think it takes more than a day to recover from the operation sufficiently enough to be able to do it.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 10:30:17 AM
None of my facebook postings contain information about my job :P

'I am going to spit in the face of every lawyer who voted for Trump in court today.'

I restrict my FB posting about my job to linking to the odd newspaper account about my court cases.  Seems safer that way.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 09:49:23 AM
And Commies want to grab everybody's pussy. 'This is property of the people!'

I dunno, man...Grab That Pussy, as vulture capitalistic as it is, certainly sounds better than Nationalize That Pussy In The Name Of The Revolution.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2016, 10:55:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 09:49:23 AM
And Commies want to grab everybody's pussy. 'This is property of the people!'

I dunno, man...Grab That Pussy, as vulture capitalistic as it is, certainly sounds better than Nationalize That Pussy In The Name Of The Revolution.

Ide probably just came.

Razgovory

Things I've noticed is that whatever depravity Trump supporters commit, the fault really is with liberals.  In fact, liberals almost certainly staged it. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Clearly the Democrats conspired to make Trump president to discredit Republicans for decades to come.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Incidentally, this was posted, unironically, by a leftist and got many likes and cheers.

I suppose Syt's sister has many competitors on the left - but they happen to be college educated (or even teach at colleges).

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2016, 05:21:16 AM
Things I've noticed is that whatever depravity Trump supporters commit, the fault really is with liberals.  In fact, liberals almost certainly staged it.
:yes: They can't help themselves.  If you care about the country, the onus is on the sane ones to compromise, go half-way, keep going half-way as the half-way continuously moves rightward, and to never ever hurt their feelings lest it inflame their innate racism and nativism.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 07:23:31 AM

Incidentally, this was posted, unironically, by a leftist and got many likes and cheers.

I suppose Syt's sister has many competitors on the left - but they happen to be college educated (or even teach at colleges).

I'm happy with it.  There was a time in this country were beating Nazis was a virtue.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2016, 07:26:19 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2016, 05:21:16 AM
:yes: They can't help themselves.  If you care about the country, the onus is on the sane ones to compromise, go half-way, keep going half-way as the half-way continuously moves rightward, and to never ever hurt their feelings lest it inflame their innate racism and nativism.

Black Church gets burned down and "vote Trump" painted on the side.  Staged to make Trump look bad.

Alt-Right leaders giving the Nazi Salute complete with "Hail, Victory", and "Hail, Trump".  Liberals put him up to it to "divide the races".

And so on.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2016, 08:15:50 AM
I'm happy with it.  There was a time in this country were beating Nazis was a virtue.

You sound exactly like the leftists on my Facebook. I guess pointing out that this was the case when the US was at war with the Nazis and Nazis were committing genocide, as opposed to the situation where you are calling "Nazi" a fellow citizen who voted for a candidate you dislike and who so far has not done - nor promise to do - anything Nazi-like, fell on deaf ears there so I do not suppose it would go through to your dumb skull.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 08:36:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2016, 08:15:50 AM

You sound exactly like the leftists on my Facebook. I guess pointing out that this was the case when the US was at war with the Nazis and Nazis were committing genocide, as opposed to the situation where you are calling "Nazi" a fellow citizen who voted for a candidate you dislike and who so far has not done - nor promise to do - anything Nazi-like, fell on deaf ears there so I do not suppose it would go through to your dumb skull.

I don't know what the leftists on your Facebook say because you banned me.  I will note, that I believe the audience was expected to believe that Indiana Jones was fighting a Nazi, not simply someone he disagreed with.  When the Alt-Right calls themselves Fascists and gives the Nazi salute, I think it is appropriate to consider them Nazis.

Martinus

The "alt right" does that just as the "left" is wearing Che t-shirts and praising Fidel Castro. You are judging the whole group by stupid actions of a fringe.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 09:34:05 AM
just as the "left" is wearing Che t-shirts and praising Fidel Castro.

Oh no, those are just harmless, lovable, well-meaning folks.  Nothing to see there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 22, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2016, 09:34:05 AM
just as the "left" is wearing Che t-shirts and praising Fidel Castro.

Oh no, those are just harmless, lovable, well-meaning folks.  Nothing to see there.

Uh oh, derspiess gets triggered, transforms into Moe Greene
MOE SMASH! MOE STRAIGHTENS OUT FREDO!