News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on November 20, 2016, 05:32:39 PM
I think protests are great. I have participated in a few. So your condemnation is misplaced.

Apologies for misunderstanding your position. :)
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

I think protests are great. I have participated in a few. So your condemnation is misplaced.

Rushing the field after the upset against Nebraska in '99 doesn't really count as a protest.  :P

Valmy

I don't know about contemporary Americans or liberals but most decent human beings are horrified at people who vandalise property and assault fellow citizens no matter what they are protesting for or against.

Sure. I don't believe that was characteristic of those protests though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 20, 2016, 05:34:38 PM

Apologies for misunderstanding your position. :)

I thought the protests were poorly timed, badly organized, and basically weak sauce. But they certainly seemed to get the message across so...guess I stand corrected.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

My oldest sister keeps posting stuff like this, while at the same time posting pics complaining about people expecting free stuff or not wanting to put in any effort to improve their situation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Yeah, funny how blessings usually happen to people who don't need them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 21, 2016, 04:37:19 AM
Yeah, funny how blessings usually happen to people who don't need them.

God helps those who help themselves. :contract:

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2016, 04:21:33 AM
My oldest sister keeps posting stuff like this, while at the same time posting pics complaining about people expecting free stuff or not wanting to put in any effort to improve their situation.

God     Given    Right
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"