And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on November 14, 2016, 12:38:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2016, 12:25:11 PM
And Pence seemed fairly impressive on the campaign trail to be honest.

Yeah, I liked his ability to calmly and collectedly lie about Trump's lies.

Lol

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2016, 12:42:05 PM

My recollection was he basically just ignored anything that Trump had said. :unsure:

You don't seem to have a good memory then. After all, he was always confronted by reporters with Trump's lies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2016, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2016, 12:42:05 PM

My recollection was he basically just ignored anything that Trump had said. :unsure:

You don't seem to have a good memory then. After all, he was always confronted by reporters with Trump's lies.

"You've whipped out that Mexican thing again".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

With Pence, it's as with Cruz: at least there is still the off chance the Donald didn't mean any of this shit and is going to be a level-headed middle ground President who is just after scoring some sweet deals for his business interests.

With Pence we know he is a religious zealot, so what is at this stage merely a high probability with Trump (namely, the causing of many damages to American society), with the likes of Pence, it's pretty much a given.

Barrister

You're all been taking crazy pills if you're more afraid of Pence than Trump. :wacko:

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 14, 2016, 01:04:50 PM
You're all been taking crazy pills if you're more afraid of Pence than Trump. :wacko:

Shhh... I'm enjoying this.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on November 14, 2016, 01:00:56 PM
With Pence, it's as with Cruz: at least there is still the off chance the Donald didn't mean any of this shit and is going to be a level-headed middle ground President who is just after scoring some sweet deals for his business interests.

With Pence we know he is a religious zealot, so what is at this stage merely a high probability with Trump (namely, the causing of many damages to American society), with the likes of Pence, it's pretty much a given.

Mr. 1950's is far more dangerous than Trump IMO.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

I'd rather take crazy pills than be an unethical piece of shit.

Razgovory

Pence could be expected to stay within the bounds of the constitution, he is a lawyer and all.  Trump, I don't know.  I think of it as a driving analogy.  Pence would drive to someplace I'd rather not be.  Trump drive right off the road and possibly off a cliff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 14, 2016, 01:32:57 PM
Pence could be expected to stay within the bounds of the constitution, he is a lawyer and all.  Trump, I don't know.  I think of it as a driving analogy.  Pence would drive to someplace I'd rather not be.  Trump drive right off the road and possibly off a cliff.

I think Pence is a Hitler to Trump's Mussolini.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 01:40:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 14, 2016, 01:32:57 PM

I think Pence is a Hitler to Trump's Mussolini.

*edit*

Nevermind - I forgot who I was responding to - the Chairman of the Warsaw branch of Make America Great Again.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tamas on November 14, 2016, 01:00:56 PM

Trump has just named Steve Bannon as chief strategist and senior counselor. I think the bolded part of your sentence is rapidly becoming obsolete.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

We are more afraid of Pence because we hold a little amount of hope that Trump is not going to do everything promised. While we, rightfully, fear Pence for the zealot he is.

Your faith is blinding you right now, it's ok.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 14, 2016, 02:05:16 PM

We are more afraid of Pence because we hold a little amount of hope that Trump is not going to do everything promised. While we, rightfully, fear Pence for the zealot he is.

Your faith is blinding you right now, it's ok.

Well Beeb also doesn't care about the things that Pence threatens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.