News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I sent a text to an anti-Clinton buddy of mine in intel if he was going to start getting paid in rubles.  Wasn't amused.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 10:53:22 AM
I doubt I could tolerate actual neo-nazis.  Thankfully I don't know any.

Now, now...we all know you don't have to be a neo-nazi to hate negroes.  #SkittlesDontNeedSwastikas

You're living proof, Mr. Dazzling Urbanites.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 11:33:17 AM
You're living proof, Mr. Dazzling Urbanites.

What can I say, I love my people.

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2016, 10:44:25 AM
What she's saying is, the protesters should arm themselves and march on the Capitol and the White House?  Interesting point of view.

She also posted this, so I'm confused about he roverall stance.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Protesting offends authoritarian sensibilities. 

That's why I what I told guys back during Occupy Wall Street and even the Arab Spring: Main Street America does not consider protesting to be a valid form of democratic expression.  It is simply too impolite.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 11:49:32 AM

That's why I what I told guys back during Occupy Wall Street and even the Arab Spring: Main Street America does not consider protesting to be a valid form of democratic expression.  It is simply too impolite.

What a Russian attitude.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

It is impolite, and it's wasting time that better could be spent doing something productive.  Like work.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

What a Russian attitude.

See, it's totally alien concepts to you because you're not from around here.  In Europe, the government is afraid of and defers to the people. In the United States, people are afraid of and defer to the government.   We defer to authority, because authority is stability.

Protests?  Hippie draft-dodger bullshit. Marches?  Negroes just need to be quiet.  General strikes? I'm not losing my job.  We don't strike as students because we've got to go to class.   :lol:

Alcibiades

Maybe you're right here - they seem to have no affect in the US whatsoever, which is interesting.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 11:22:45 AM
I sent a text to an anti-Clinton buddy of mine in intel if he was going to start getting paid in rubles.  Wasn't amused.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 11:54:23 AM

It is impolite, and it's wasting time that better could be spent doing something productive.  Like work.

Yeah.  That cotton's not going to pick itself, you know.

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 12:06:28 PM
See, it's totally alien concepts to you because you're not from around here.  In Europe, the government is afraid of and defers to the people. In the United States, people are afraid of and defer to the government.   We defer to authority, because authority is stability.

Protests?  Hippie draft-dodger bullshit. Marches?  Negroes just need to be quiet.  General strikes? I'm not losing my job.  We don't strike as students because we've got to go to class.   :lol:

This is such crap.  We just had an election in which "the people" made their choice.  250 people smashing cars in Oakland is not "the people."

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2016, 04:14:12 PM

This is such crap.  We just had an election in which "the people" made their choice.  250 people smashing cars in Oakland is not "the people."

But they're very useful idiots.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2016, 04:14:12 PM

Not even referring to that.  I'm talking about things like anti-war rallies surrounding the Nixon White House.  Occupy Wall Street.  Black Lives Matter.  Widespread protests, marches, strikes...that stuff doesn't move the needle in America. If anything, it antagonizes the Moral Majority.

Compare that to what Europe does. Look at France in 1968.  Last night isn't protesting.  Last night isn't even a sports championship.