News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My sister's posts have become slightly less conciliatory.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 08:39:18 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 11, 2016, 08:36:21 AM
Yeah I don't think we need any 'parodies' of the Trump brigade.

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of America being made great again, circa 1929.

I love the 'can't you wait till he actually does something?' Umm, no, that's exactly what I don't want to happen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2016, 08:41:45 AM

I'm quite confused. Was the thought that if Trump wins, we suddenly all have lobotomies? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Dude, that shit's just getting started.

I wonder where they're marching to without college boys, gals and degenerates.  Oh, I know: freedom.

frunk

I like that apparently everybody in college is a degenerate.  Hey, at least they acknowledge that they are American though.  "We have the best degenerates!"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

What she's saying is, the protesters should arm themselves and march on the Capitol and the White House?  Interesting point of view.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 11, 2016, 09:07:48 AM

that's only half true.  There is a program for skilled immigrant workers that considerably speed up the process and reduces the hassle.  And sponsorship is done by the government in these cases.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2016, 10:44:25 AM
What she's saying is, the protesters should arm themselves and March on the Capitol and the White House?  Interesting point of view.

No she is saying they should all go in fight in the Middle eastern wars that our new President-elect says we should withdraw from

She must be a Clinton voter
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 10:38:23 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/i-didnt-unfriend-you-over-politics_us_580fa553e4b06e45c5c6ff43

This got posted by 3 of my FB friends this morning :lol:
I have communists on my Facebook.  If I can tolerate that, I guess I could tolerate a neo-nazi freak.  Theoritically.

derspiess

I doubt I could tolerate actual neo-nazis.  Thankfully I don't know any.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 10:53:22 AM
I doubt I could tolerate actual neo-nazis.  Thankfully I don't know any.

Now, now...we all know you don't have to be a neo-nazi to hate negroes.  #SkittlesDontNeedSwastikas

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 11, 2016, 10:48:22 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 10:38:23 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/i-didnt-unfriend-you-over-politics_us_580fa553e4b06e45c5c6ff43

This got posted by 3 of my FB friends this morning :lol:
I have communists on my Facebook.  If I can tolerate that, I guess I could tolerate a neo-nazi freak.  Theoritically.

On Facebook I have religious sane like AmSci to religious crazy (my in laws) to neo-nazi assholes (he's having field day with Trump winning) to people that shell out Quebec Indépendance at every opportunity.

I find it all interesting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.