Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I'm glad to see though that some wealthy white men are prepared to tell us minorities how we should be feeling and acting. Such a rare blessing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 05:53:54 PM
I'm glad to see though that some wealthy white men are prepared to tell us minorities how we should be feeling and acting. Such a rare blessing.

You know what? It's this kind of sexist, racist nonsense that got people to vote for Trump. If you want to ensure a second Trump term, by all means, go ahead and continue on the social justice train and demonize people for their race, sex or class.

Berkut

That's going to leave a mark.

Or rather, it SHOULD leave a mark. I suspect they are impervious though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I tend towards Grab On's side.  At the very, very least, there is anecdotal evidence of racially inspired attacks already taking place.

citizen k

I suppose having some wealthy black men telling you how to feel and act was a nice change of pace.

garbon

Quote from: citizen k on November 10, 2016, 06:06:18 PM

I suppose having some wealthy black men telling you how to feel and act was a nice change of pace.

Seriously, what drugs are you on? They seem pretty fucked up.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2016, 05:56:30 PM

That's going to leave a mark.

Or rather, it SHOULD leave a mark. I suspect they are impervious though.

Well of course. They are both just here for the LULZ.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 10, 2016, 05:56:18 PM

You know what? It's this kind of sexist, racist nonsense that got people to vote for Trump. If you want to ensure a second Trump term, by all means, go ahead and continue on the social justice train and demonize people for their race, sex or class.

True, I should know my place. I don't know why I'm getting all uppity.

Hamilcar

I am starting to see some encouraging signs from my Facebook friends in the US that maybe, just maybe, extreme identity politics is not a winning strategy.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 06:11:46 PM

You're the one attacking me on race, sex and class grounds. I would never return the favor. I'm merely calling you out for your nasty identity politics.

Martinus

It's funny how garbo, with a rich family, Stanford degree, cushy overseas job and a central London flat, is playing a victim card here.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 10, 2016, 06:13:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 06:11:46 PM

You're the one attacking me on race, sex and class grounds. I would never return the favor. I'm merely calling you out for your nasty identity politics.

But that's what you are. A person with the power and privilege to never have to worry about outcomes a Trump presidency. I'm certainly sure that's a nice existence. Don't really know where that leaves you as an authority to speak on to what is or is not appropriate for those of us who do have to worry.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 06:18:42 PM
It's funny how garbo, with a rich family, Stanford degree, cushy overseas job and a central London flat, is playing a victim card here.

I know!  :lol:

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2016, 06:19:10 PM
But that's what you are. A person with the power and privilege to never have to worry about outcomes a Trump presidency. I'm certainly sure that's a nice existence. Don't really know where that leaves you as an authority to speak on to what is or is not appropriate for those of us who do have to worry.

Oh that's right, because I'm the wrong gender, class and skin color, I can't have an opinion. So sorry, enlightened overlord.