Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

So I inadvertently logged into an old facebook account and looking around came across the posts of an acquaintance of mine, haven't seen her in a couple of years, she's not stood still, but moved on; she used to believe in stuff like Chemtrails, reposting stuff on FB, no longer, now she posts about regaling fellow bus users with the dangers when she sees chemtrails out of the windows. :bleeding:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 03:15:55 PM
Somebody's gotta do it.

Bleed social media insanity into real life (of others) ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

No, I meant being on the lookout for chemtrails.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

My sister shared a post by Franklin Graham (who's he?) that linked a USA Today story.

Quote from: Franklin GrahamThe media keep talking about it, but to be honest with you, nobody gives a rip about Donald J. Trump's taxes. What people do care about is their own taxes. And when I read about the government spending $8.4 million of taxpayers' money a year—starting today—for things like gender reassignment and hormone therapy for military personnel, I'm disgusted! Aren't you? This is the kind of immoral garbage President Obama and his administration are allowing to be put in place in our country. $8.4 million a year—with all the things our military needs—can you believe that? Things like this need to be stopped. It just shows you how morally warped our politicians have become.

:huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 04, 2016, 06:57:37 AM
My sister shared a post by Franklin Graham (who's he?) that linked a USA Today story.

Quote from: Franklin GrahamThe media keep talking about it, but to be honest with you, nobody gives a rip about Donald J. Trump's taxes. What people do care about is their own taxes. And when I read about the government spending $8.4 million of taxpayers' money a year—starting today—for things like gender reassignment and hormone therapy for military personnel, I'm disgusted! Aren't you? This is the kind of immoral garbage President Obama and his administration are allowing to be put in place in our country. $8.4 million a year—with all the things our military needs—can you believe that? Things like this need to be stopped. It just shows you how morally warped our politicians have become.

:huh:

A reverend who said that if you just follow police instructions then you won't get shot.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/franklin-grahams-advice-americans-stopped-by-police-follow-their-instructions-170081/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 07:01:06 AM
A reverend who said that if you just follow police instructions then you won't get shot.

Well, that chimes with her usual posts about police shooting unarmed people hardened criminals. Not breaking the law prevents you from being shot, apparently.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.