Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 28, 2016, 12:01:51 PM
The kid is very well spoken.

Probably because his mind had not ben rotted by juice from juice boxes.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Kids go before city councils, school boards, cointy zoning hearings, and state legislature committees and subcommittees all the time.   They're public hearings.  Hell, even I did it as a Cub Scout for a wetlands bill.  #MeritBadgeNailedIt #DucksLivesMatter

Good lessons for a kid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2016, 06:38:07 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2016, 02:48:42 AM
It took me 20 or so seconds to find the Snopes page explaining that this is a border fence between Israel and Egypt, and that no fence like this exists between Mexico and Guatemala, and I posted link and explanation beneath the picture. She replied that she had realized that herself shortly after posting it (I didn't inquire why she didn't remove the post, then).

I didn't know the United States didn't have the same right as Mexico to protect its border.  What court ruling was that?

Elder's of Zion V Clark County Zoning Board.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2016, 01:26:28 PM
It took me 20 or so seconds to find the Snopes page explaining that this is a border fence between Israel and Egypt, and that no fence like this exists between Mexico and Guatemala, and I posted link and explanation beneath the picture. She replied that she had realized that herself shortly after posting it (I didn't inquire why she didn't remove the post, then).

I didn't know the United States didn't have the same right as Mexico to protect its border.  What court ruling was that?

Your use of an apostrophe makes baby Jesus cry.  :P

On a side note - I've actually been to the border of Mexico and Guatemala, and I can confirm: no fence.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on September 29, 2016, 01:32:20 PM

On a side note - I've actually been to the border of Mexico and Guatemala, and I can confirm: no fence.

What were you trying to move?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on September 29, 2016, 01:48:40 PM

A fence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 29, 2016, 01:48:40 PM

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK58-yYpyR8

Syt

Also, this:

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/why-no-one-respects-obama-summed-up-with-4-brutal-pictures?utm_source=DC&utm_medium=DC&utm_campaign=DC

QuoteWhy No One Respects Obama Summed Up With 4 Brutal Pictures

V. Saxena reports President Barack Obama must be auditioning to be on the next episode of "Presidents Say The Darnedest Things," because he recently said something so stupid that it defies comprehension.

The Daily Caller reported that Obama claimed during an interview with news station WMUR that GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump lacks the qualities needed to be an effective president.

"I think that [Trump] is not somebody who, even within the Republican party, can be considered equipped to deal with the problems of this office," he quipped.

Said the former community organizer turned president who used to spend his days frequenting the church of racist Rev. Jeremiah Wright and handing out fliers on the still-violent streets of Chicago, Illinois.

Cue Breitbart, which published the following critic of Obama during the 2012 election:

One cannot deny and must also accept and acknowledge that Obama was a man who had only run the Harvard Law Review for a short time, was an Illinois state senator with no considerable accomplishments, and was only a two year US senator with no considerable accomplishment. He was totally unqualified to tackle the very serious challenges our country faced with regards to the economy, or anything else for that matter.

Obama "earned" his presidency via only two factors: his race, and his "hope and change" rhetoric, which unfortunately managed to fool many.

Granted, Trump's "Make America Great" slogan sounds eerily similar, but as a reminder, Trump has a solid history of success in business. He also possesses a great deal of experience dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries.

Our current president instead waltzed into the White House with nothing but years of Marxist indoctrination, courtesy the likes of Bill Ayers and Saul Alinsky, among others.
Yet he thinks Trump lacks presidential qualifications?

Wow ...

Presidents really do say the darnedest things, don't they?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

CountDeMoney

I don't think Hillaryhaters even know what they're talking about anymore. 

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 01:38:42 PM
I don't think Hillaryhaters even know what they're talking about anymore. 

Especially since the deleted tape was like one factor in 1,000 that forced Nixon to resign.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."