Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2016, 08:27:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2016, 08:25:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2016, 07:10:13 AM
If he is really all that embarrassed he played Pokemon Go as a kid I will take it down. Of course since most adults were playing it at the time I have my doubts.

Adults happily wore hammer pants at one time too.

Well when I get sentenced to prison for brutal child abuse I will tell the judge that I regret nothing. NOTHING!

At least until they waterboard you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2016, 07:10:13 AM

I am a parent. Every asshole with an opinion is sure I am committing child abuse with every innocuous thing I do.

Ain't that the truth.  :lol:

It's a bit of a shock to discover, as a new parent.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

This morning, I gave my child a juice box as part of her morning snack. I am sure I am going to hear about it in a negative light.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2016, 08:32:03 AM
This morning, I gave my child a juice box as part of her morning snack. I am sure I am going to hear about it in a negative light.

Monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I make a point of not questioning someone's parenting, except behind their backs. :goodboy:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

So this black kid goes to the Charlotte city council and gives this heartfelt plea for black people to be treated fairly and with civility in the US. Fairly moving. And, you know, hardly controversial.

Meanwhile on the Facebook we have shitloads of people angry that the evil black people coached and manipulated this kid to do this.

Oh FFS. We really are fucked aren't we? If we cannot even get behind this shit I don't even know what to think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2016, 10:08:13 AM
So this black kid goes to the Charlotte city council and gives this heartfelt plea for black people to be treated fairly and with civility in the US. Fairly moving. And, you know, hardly controversial.

Meanwhile on the Facebook we have shitloads of people angry that the evil black people coached and manipulated this kid to do this.

Oh FFS. We really are fucked aren't we? If we cannot even get behind this shit I don't even know what to think.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but my first thought upon seeing that speech was "man, it's fucked up that that kid has had to grow up that much that fast."  My second thought was, "on second thought, that kid was awful articulate for a 9-year-old."  Definitely some help and coaching there, but I'd suspect the kid was just helped with the speech, not fed the talking points.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Kids go before city councils, school boards, cointy zoning hearings, and state legislature committees and subcommittees all the time.   They're public hearings.  Hell, even I did it as a Cub Scout for a wetlands bill.  #MeritBadgeNailedIt #DucksLivesMatter

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2016, 10:08:13 AM

If only they would stop complaining.  #WhatAboutWhiteHistoryMonth

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
Kids go before city councils, school boards, cointy zoning hearings, and state legislature committees and subcommittees all the time.   They're public hearings.  Hell, even I did it as a Cub Scout for a wetlands bill.  #MeritBadgeNailedIt #DucksLivesMatter

Oh, sure.  Just saying that the level of articulation seemed abnormally high, so there was some probably some adult proofreading going on.
Experience bij!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 28, 2016, 11:50:56 AM
Oh, sure.  Just saying that the level of articulation seemed abnormally high, so there was some probably some adult proofreading going on.

Yeah, absolutely no way a black kid could ever do that on her own. They should look into that, macht schnell.

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 28, 2016, 08:46:55 AM

Monster.

Yeah, GF, why don't you just take your kids out back and beat the crap out of them?  It would be the same result and cheaper.   :mad:

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

sugar??  You give sugar to your kid???
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.