News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 11:46:20 AM
The guy who posted it is super SJW feminist anticapitalist type.

If he's European, he hates Jews anyway.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 11:45:34 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 24, 2016, 11:33:34 AM
How come they don't?

I think my answer is actually true. Israel doesn't care about being "racially fair" in its profiling, or about the backlash from punitive airstrikes.

Why have all Hamas rocket attacks failed to hit the US?  Is it because of the effectiveness of the US missile defense scheme?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 11:34:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 11:27:58 AM
Some Bernie Bro on my Facebook:

:lol: I love how your average douchebag Silicon Valley software dev Gamersgate antisemitic woman-haters managed to get themselves categorized under Bernie's name.  It's actually brilliant.

Who would have guessed you have anti-Semitic friends?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 11:52:17 AM

If he's European, he hates Jews anyway.

He is American.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 24, 2016, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 12:31:13 PM
He is American.

Obviously still hates Jews.

8% of Americans are anti-semitic.  Marty has managed to friend half of them.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Lol "If only those people would do what they are told"

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on September 24, 2016, 11:33:34 AM
How come they don't?

The Arab "street" has two quite contradictory theories (that, in our new fact-free age, get bounced around the 'net): (1) ISIS is scared of the Israelis, in a way it isn't scared of the US or Euros: see http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-israel-is-the-only-country-terrorist-group-fears-says-first-western-journalist-to-survive-a6793876.html ; or (2) ISIS is really a creation of Israel, designed to fuck the Arabs up! (numerous cites to this silly theory exist).

Serious answer? ISIS has certainly *threatened* to destroy Israel (absolute par for the course for any radical Muslim or Arab group), but hasn't yet actually launched an attack on Israel. Why, no-one knows; perhaps it is merely a matter of convenience: ISIS attacks in Europe depend on having existing ISIS members there, and there a lot less likely candidates in Israel: those likely to be attracted to ISIS are more likely to already be members of Hamas.

Hamas is certainly wary of ISIS. Hamas appears to worry that ISIS will do unto it, as Hamas did unto Fatah; namely, become more popular (because of being more radical), and "hone in" on its territory. That could explain why ISIS is active in Sinai, but not in Gaza.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/An-unlikely-trio-Israel-Hamas-and-Egypt-reportedly-form-alliance-to-fight-ISIS-in-Sinai-452779
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Looking at your link, Malthus, I came across what looks to be a most ridiculous terrorist:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

KABUL — Young Afghan hipster Hesh Gul is making a name for himself in Kabul with his locally-sourced artisan bombs.

"Those big Pakistani bomb factories use their mass-produced fireworks to try to put the little guys like me out of business," Gul commented as he rolled out a fresh batch of homemade explosives. "They may have started small like we did here at Improvised Explosive Delights, but they've really sold out. Their bombs have no heart."

The IED facilities are located in a newly-gentrified section of Hesh's village next to a Hole Foods outside of Kabul.

"I don't deliver by goat because it's faster," Gul said, adjusting his horn-rimmed glasses."I do it because it's better."

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/02/afghan-hipster-crafts-locally-sourced-artisan-bombs/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Duffleblog: the Glenn from Raising Arizona of internet humor.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk