News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I'm fairly certain all the hijackers were killed that day, so I'm a bit baffled as to what they mean.  Jews?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2016, 07:22:35 AM
I'm fairly certain all the hijackers were killed that day, so I'm a bit baffled as to what they mean.  Jews?
:osama:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2016, 12:28:07 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 10, 2016, 12:25:37 AM
Looked up Manitoba fish flies. The pictures are like Moses wet dream.

But they don't bite. :contract:

Mrs B. was kind of grossed out by them at first.  But they just land on stuff.  They don't actually do anything.  They're harmless.

Seems this year was a bit of a swarm year for them.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/gimli-fish-flies-burrowing-mayflies-1.3676432
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Al Qaeda is funding her campaign. Impressive. I didn't know they had it in them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 08:14:00 AM
Al Qaeda is funding her campaign. Impressive. I didn't know they had it in them.

OBAMA LIED
OSAMA DIED

Razgovory

Do they even exist as an organisation anymore?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2016, 12:14:32 PM

Do they even exist as an organisation anymore?

Funding 20% of Clinton's campaign is clearly draining needed resources.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

20%, huh?  I guess with such accurate numbers, they have facts.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2016, 12:17:08 PM
20%, huh?  I guess with such accurate numbers, they have facts.

There seems to have been a June story about it: http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/06/14/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims

But its veracity is at least disputed: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/news-agency-claims-hacker-planted-story-about-hillary-clinton-campaign-links-saudi-funding-1565833

Politifact checked thestatus of Saudi donations to the Clinton Foundation: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/

Quote[...]

Working backward from the numbers we have in hand, it seems fairly certain that Saudi Arabia gave about $10 million in the early 2000s, well before Clinton became secretary. That number would grow in 2014, but it didn't double. That would be a 100 percent increase, and the foundation said the 2014 amount was a small fraction of the total.

So we are left with the Saudis giving less than $25 million.

Now we can ask, did Clinton get that money for the foundation, as Trump said?

Josh Schwerin, spokesman for the Clinton campaign told us, "Hillary Clinton did not solicit these funds."

As a legal matter, Clinton was not a member of the foundation's board until 2013, after she left the administration. She was a board member in 2014 when the Saudis gave again, but that amount would be much less than $10 million.

There were no Saudi donations while she was secretary.

But if she ever attended an event with her husband -- official or unofficial -- and Saudi representatives were in the room, questions could arise.

[...]
—Stephen Jay Gould