And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2018, 07:35:44 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2018, 03:08:39 AM

Yeah, but my point is why are Brits wearing hats that say *Merry* Christmas?

Because it is close to Christmas? 

You don't really expect People's Liberation Army Political Reeducation Hat Factory Number Three to crank out a separate "Happy Christmas" line just for the Brits, do you?

This made me think fondly of CdM.  :(

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Very brave of her to do things that offend basically no one.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on December 10, 2018, 08:24:12 AM
Very brave of her to do things that offend basically no one.

I'm sure her news sources inform her that countless millions of left wing Americans are incredibly offended by any or all of this. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

:lol:

I noticed that my sisters only find entertainers relevant if they share their political views.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Like they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 10, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

Sure. I mean there is nothing incorrect about that. It is just not a very interesting or controversial take, especially not one demanding I ponder it complete with random WORLD capitalized.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Right about what? Underpaid doctors? Farmers who don't get subsidies? Poor plumbers?

What does need have to do with who we consider important?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It's a bit fundamentalist, at any rate. "We can do without entertainment."

I think they tried that in Afghanistan. :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2018, 09:00:39 AM

Sure. I mean there is nothing incorrect about that. It is just not a very interesting or controversial take, especially not one demanding I ponder it complete with random WORLD capitalized.

Valmy

Yeah the Grinch hated Christmas :hmm: I mean that was his one defining character trait  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

He's the grinch of happy holidays, I guess
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.